Privacy Area

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For one of my cameras I am defining an active area for potential trigger by painting that area under Camera Properties->Trigger->Motion sensor Configure -> Use zones and hot spot Edit... The problem I am having is that whatever area I remove for motion sensing is being blocked/blacked out in the recorded video. Camera Properties->Video->Area of interest is disabled. How can I make the motion sensing area to only sense motion in a particular area but record the entire image without blocking anything out?

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is what I thought first as well. However, I then modified the active motion sensitive area in the BlueIris and then that area was also blacked out. So this seems to come from BlueIris as the area that is blacked out exactly matches the area I define in BI for motion sensing.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just to add a bit to my previous post:

* Disabling "Cancel shadows" does not fix it (didn't expect so)
* Enabling "Black-out masked areas" always blacks things out (not just when recording)
* Disabling "Black-out masked areas" shows everything in the live stream but again blocks the motion sensitive area when recording.
* My HikVision camera has "Enable Privacy Mask" disabled (no check mark)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For one of my cameras I am defining an active area for potential trigger by painting that area under Camera Properties->Trigger->Motion sensor Configure -> Use zones and hot spot Edit... The problem I am having is that whatever area I remove for motion sensing is being blocked/blacked out in the recorded video. Camera Properties->Video->Area of interest is disabled. How can I make the motion sensing area to only sense motion in a particular area but record the entire image without blocking anything out?
This is happening because you have test run video through motion sensor checked...right click on the playback window and disable it.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh, that's it. Thanks a lot!!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure enough. It didn't do that back when I played with the feature.

It also isn't blacking out that area entirely; the black mask is still about 5% transparent it looks like. Had I known that I never would have mentioned it could be a privacy mask. LOL