Privacy Invasion CCTV Style...

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lol... you guys are no help. :) Okay, one guy had an idea about white noise... Thanks!

Let's talk more about countermeasures. Can blind his cam with a laser?

R

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Lol... you guys are no help. :) Okay, one guy had an idea about white noise... Thanks!

R
You'd probably damage the sensor which is criminal damage. Sensor damage from lasers is very specific and usually easily distinguished. There are also strict aviation laws and laws for outside shows you could fall foul of including laws from projecting it across the street. You were told that above.

Trying to physically interfere with the camera will likely get you into a whole host of legal trouble, both criminal and civil.

Only legal countermeasures are probably net curtains or window films or other ways fo preventing them from looking in eg bush, tree, fence and that's assuming they are looking in.

Your options are:

1. Speak to them politely and see what they can see and whether it's detrimental to you (remember an overview camera is probably beneficial to you)

2. Consult an Attorney to see if any laws have been broken and then either involve the Police if criminal or Sue if civil. Could get expensive and risks a neighbourhood feud.

3. Live with it.

4. Grow trees, curtains, films, fences etc to block in window views.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

R
We've given options..... but are you oblivious and don't want to listen to them...?
Society must be lost if people feel they cannot talk to their neighbours.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

R
I will ask again, so none of your cameras shows a single blade of grass that isn't on your property?

As we have pointed out, in all likelihood their cameras are there legally if they are seeing anything that can be seen from public right of way.

Hitting their cams with lasers and ruining them is criminal and you will be the one cited/arrested.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Like a Panomera camera? :p

Highest model goes up to 190MP. They're designed for very large spaces, like stadium, while maintaining at least 250px/m to identify a face.
View attachment 168753
Thats the cam we have all waiting for !

I watched some videos. The quality of picture is bad if there is no stadium light. Also they promote this like "you need only one camera for all" ... oh we all love having only one angle of view.

Here is another company who watched too much dallmeier ads

Last edited:

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I watched some videos. The quality of picture is bad. Also they promote this like "you need only one camera for all" ... oh we all love having only one angle of view.
Here is another company who watched too much dallmeier ads <Reolink>
Dallmeier has there place for large stadiums and they're awesome at that.

They're far better than Reolink quality, nice try bud! :rofl:

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dallmeier has there place for large stadiums and they're awesome at that.

They're far better than Reolink quality, nice try bud! :rofl:
Yes but if there is no stadium light ? Maybe i found only old videos and they are now better. There are tons of marketing videos but no one shows performance at night or less light.

I think optical zoom will always show you a clearer view than having tons of pixels. No matter what lightning conditions.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

R
Fly a drone over their house with markings on its side "FBI" ;)

Reminds me of a WiFi Network Name I saw in our neighborhood once when doing a network scan:
"FBI Van #???" Don't remember the number...

Haha, it made me go look out my window, LOL...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Fly a drone over their house with markings on its side "FBI" ;)

Reminds me of a WiFi Network Name I saw in our neighborhood once when doing a network scan:
"FBI Van #???" Don't remember the number...

Haha, it made me go look out my window, LOL...
Reminds me of when I installed the CPE at new customer's homes for a local wireless ISP, a 3 year period 2011 to 2013. The owner of the co. instructed me to name the SSID in the furnished wireless router with the customer's last name and "Virus" as in "Jones-Virus".

He insisted on it and I only deviated from that when the customer objected or complained, then I'd name it whatever the heck they wanted and didn't tell the boss. :cool:

chap1982

n3wb
Reaction score

R
How about talk to them and see where they're pointing?
This whole situation could be corrected quickly if you just ask to see how they're setup. But it sounds like you want to stir crap up with your neighbor just because. Have fun.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How about talk to them and see where they're pointing?
This whole situation could be corrected quickly if you just ask to see how they're setup. But it sounds like you want to stir crap up with your neighbor just because. Have fun.
Sorry Chap, that was a stupid statement designed to stir up crap, you seem to know a lot about this subject of crap stirring.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It has come to my attention very recently that my neighbor has installed a high resolution security camera and it’s pointing directly at my patio and into my garage and my driveway and my front lawn!
Care to post a picture of your neighbor's camera? Most likely it isn't nearly as impressive or capable as you think.

PatPend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe you can't blind it with a laser, but how about an extremely bright focused spotlight or strobe?