Pro AI NVR latest new firmware NVR5XXX-I_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.2.R.200814.bin

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
DH_NVR5XXX-I_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.3.R.201022.zip

Latest new one Released, i will send to @ArnonZ for a testing firstly. Please not update without our testing, or else some guys will say i am trying to sell more NVRs/cams. ^^LOL

1. Solve the problem of loading the CA certificate image of the security center under 4K display output.
2. Solve the problem that there are too many abnormal recordings to be repaired in quota mode, which causes the device to fail to start normally.
3. Solve the problem that the new platform software (DSS) uses the new method of searching pictures by picture, and the picture cannot be searched.
4. After configuration, when smart zone intrusion or tripwire intrusion, if the arming time period is after the current time, the time period does not take effect.
5. Fixed the occasional problem of target frame selection: the first time you start to preview the target frame selection and exit, the preview occasionally appears black screen, and the target frame selection playback freezes and exits after the black screen.

Mark Mo

n3wb
Reaction score
DH_NVR5XXX-I_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.3.R.201022.zip
Latest new one Released, i will send to @ArnonZ for a testing firstly. Please not update without our testing, or else some guys will say i am trying to sell more NVRs/cams. ^^LOL

1. Solve the problem of loading the CA certificate image of the security center under 4K display output.
2. Solve the problem that there are too many abnormal recordings to be repaired in quota mode, which causes the device to fail to start normally.
3. Solve the problem that the new platform software (DSS) uses the new method of searching pictures by picture, and the picture cannot be searched.
4. After configuration, when smart zone intrusion or tripwire intrusion, if the arming time period is after the current time, the time period does not take effect.
5. Fixed the occasional problem of target frame selection: the first time you start to preview the target frame selection and exit, the preview occasionally appears black screen, and the target frame selection playback freezes and exits after the black screen.
I think this one has already updated on my NVR online. No faults I can find. Works well

Attachments

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you Andy,
Downloading now and I'll update you ASAP.
I expect that some tests would take some time and other (such as data consumption) would be updated later on.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
okay, time to share my test results.
First, thank you Andy for the efforts .

General:

Most of the bugs and problems I've had are still there.
My tests were all conducted with web interface using IE.
I could not see any change to the web interface. looks exactly as it did before.
Search:
Here I could see the improvement. The search function finally works.
Alarm delay:
I used to get some long alarm delays using gDMSS plus. something that didn't happen all the time but I was relating it to my phone.
Now, I'm getting those delays way longer. I may get the alarm on my phone 5 minutes and more after someone was crossing a tripwire.
Since the change is significant, I tend to relate it to the NVR and the FW change.
I still don't know if it's related to the NVR but looks like the delay was significantly longer since the update. That's all I can say for sure.
Data consumption:
Not sure if you guys had it, but using 5442 cams, the NVR is using 1TB per cam per day for 24/7 recording.
I was expecting the FW change to fix it but no news here.
Face recognition:
Here I've had high expectations since that NVR is all about the AI and facial recognition.
I wrote more than enough about my expectations form facial recognition, the way it had to be implemented and combining it with SMD and IVS as an extra feature.
you may scroll back to more details.
Anyway, no change in here.
Thumbnails/preview pictures:
For some reason, even when using IE, I stopped getting the preview pictures for my search results.

I'll try to add some more updates as I find.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
okay, time to share my test results.
First, thank you Andy for the efforts .

General:
Most of the bugs and problems I've had are still there.
My tests were all conducted with web interface using IE.
I could not see any change to the web interface. looks exactly as it did before.
Search:
Here I could see the improvement. The search function finally works.
Alarm delay:
I used to get some long alarm delays using gDMSS plus. something that didn't happen all the time but I was relating it to my phone.
Now, I'm getting those delays way longer. I may get the alarm on my phone 5 minutes and more after someone was crossing a tripwire.
Since the change is significant, I tend to relate it to the NVR and the FW change.
I still don't know if it's related to the NVR but looks like the delay was significantly longer since the update. That's all I can say for sure.
Data consumption:
Not sure if you guys had it, but using 5442 cams, the NVR is using 1TB per cam per day for 24/7 recording.
I was expecting the FW change to fix it but no news here.
Face recognition:
Here I've had high expectations since that NVR is all about the AI and facial recognition.
I wrote more than enough about my expectations form facial recognition, the way it had to be implemented and combining it with SMD and IVS as an extra feature.
you may scroll back to more details.
Anyway, no change in here.
Thumbnails/preview pictures:
For some reason, even when using IE, I stopped getting the preview pictures for my search results.

I'll try to add some more updates as I find.

You are using a browser where its' last major update was in 2013 which is over 7 years ago.

I would try testing it in a modern day browser that fully support HTML5 like Chrome.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You are using a browser where its' last major update was in 2013 which is over 7 years ago.

I would try testing it in a modern day browser that fully support HTML5 like Chrome.
I stopped using IE for my internet browsing long before 2013....
However, the only browser that supports all features of Dahua is unfortunately IE.
People either use the bad old IE or Chrome with IE extension and are actually using the IE from Chrome.
And all of that is an improvement because in the older days, you had to install some Dahua plugins in order to use Dahua NVR.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would really love to find I am.

lodeon1337

n3wb
Reaction score
I tested Palemoon, but some options that can be seen in Internet Explorer are still missing. Its the same like Firefox or Chrome.

Or do you have to install an addon?

Last edited:

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, I was trying.
It gives me a blank page. Won't even ask me if I'd like to continue with the self signed certificate
opssssssssss
got it now.
works.
thanks man

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1. I had nightmare with AI features that stopped working for me....
turned out eventually that looney had mentioned somewhere something about reset the cam 3 times... it worked.
before that, the cams were all set for IVS smart plan yet they were able somehow to support both FD and FR by the camera AND SMD plus IVS functions by the camera at the same time....
Now (after reset), it works properly: I'm getting the SMD and IVS from the camera (IVS smart plan) and I choose up to three cams to add FD an FR features.
I can only get FR by the the recorder, not by camera. I can get FD by camera or recorder, but if I try to add SMD on the same camera it says resource is limited and to disable FD or face comparison by device..
I use Video Metadata also, but I have 4 cameras, and it's getting the right combination to work with all the cameras, not easy.
Arnon and Mark, I try to understand Your discussion, please tell me:

1) what actual AI functions can be run in parallel on 5442?
I known that I must choose plan between IVS or face detection, but is possible (in any firmware version or configuration) to run IVS with human/vehicle filtering (or IVS and SMD) with any other AI function (face detection, face recognition, human body detection, vehicle detection, non motor detection) on 5442 camera with classic NVR (5xxx-4KS2)?

2) what functions to 5442 can be added by AI NVR (5xxxx-I)?
Especially when we talk about 12-16 cameras (5442)?
Question is about face detection, face recognition, human body detection, vehicle detection, non motor detection?

In real world is any valued added by AI NVR 5xxx-I to 5442 cameras? Or this is only fancy gimmick?

Last edited:

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Back here after a long time.
I might have found a solution that would be easy and doable with a relatively small update.

Reminder: the main problem I was complaining about was the relation that does not exist between IVS and FR.
As I was saying before, the FR as a standalone feature is useless and no one expected it to be usable (most of the face detection would not yield a good enough image for a facial recognition and that's fine.
However, when you do get a good detection, the match is good and there are hardly any false positives.
I thought that the right way and only way to really use the FR function is to combine it somehow with the IVS
For example: if someone has crossed a tripwire and that someone is human, alert me. BUT if that someone is me or any family member/authorized person -> you may skip the alert.

It's not easy to combine the two because you do not always get to have a face detection, not to mention detection that is good enough to have a clear FR.

looks like I finally found the right way:
All I need is a setup that allows me to choose that...
"if camera [X] get a good detection of a person from DB [W], disarm all IVS alerts for camera [X, Y, Z, ...] for [SSS] seconds".

Such a feature would enable me/us:
1. If a family member enters the gate, all they need to do is to take a look at the camera(s) that is/are pointing towards the gate and step in.
actually, there is no real need to even look at the camera, but it would improve the reliability and avoid false alarms.
2. If a family member enters the house with some friends, there is no need to alert us - in such a case, I know that I'm entering with friends.... or... my daughter can enter with a friend without alerting our phones.
3. if I'm cutting the lawn or if my daughter is playing with the ball outside, we would probably be identified every few seconds and there would be no unwanted push alert when we are stepping close to the fence/virtual fence for some.
4. If I'm sitting in the back yard and someone is trying to break in from the front, my presence can inflect only the back cams and the front cams would still alert me.

If it works fine, I think that the frequency of FD can go higher and only the identifications that matches should be saved: the "stranger" is normally either bad identification of us or someone that I do not care about trying to identify.

Such a feature can work find for me. I may not know your needs or setup but I could guess it can also be useful for you too.
Please let me know what you think

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought that the right way and only way to really use the FR function is to combine it somehow with the IVS
For example: if someone has crossed a tripwire and that someone is human, alert me. BUT if that someone is me or any family member/authorized person -> you may skip the alert.
I have that of this too... this would be INCREDIBLE if iVS could be combined with FR. It'd be a game change in my opinion.