Problem connecting to server on android

Reaction score
I have successfully connected to blue iris on my LAN, however am unable to connect through external ip. I have gone through port forwarding steps. i have also made sure the firewall isn't blocking. I have made a "new" connection on blue iris android app and just entered the external ip and username/pass. still no go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dalepa

Reaction score
which port are you using?

Not sure what you mean "made new connection"

try turning off web server-> authentication

Reaction score
Have tried ports 80 and 81
on phone app if you click the blue color rectangle that contains the "name" of connection you can make a new connection using different ip addresses while still keeping your original settings under an alternate connection name.
not sure what you mean by web server authentication. Please explain this part. Thank you.

which port are you using?

Not sure what you mean "made new connection"

try turning off web server-> authentication

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have successfully connected to blue iris on my LAN, however am unable to connect through external ip. I have gone through port forwarding steps. i have also made sure the firewall isn't blocking. I have made a "new" connection on blue iris android app and just entered the external ip and username/pass. still no go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
First make sure your port is actually open http://www.canyouseeme.org/
Second, many modem/router combos supplied by isp do not support nat loopback (google it)...therefore if you are on your own network (in your case your phone is connected via wifi to your network) the external ip will not work. Try disconnecting from wifi and using the cellular network...

dalepa

Reaction score
First make sure your port is actually open http://www.canyouseeme.org/
Second, many modem/router combos supplied by isp do not support nat loopback (google it)...therefore if you are on your own network (in your case your phone is connected via wifi to your network) the external ip will not work. Try disconnecting from wifi and using the cellular network...
Yep, nat loopback got me after changing ISPs... Try connecting from outside your network...