Problem resetting DS-PWA32

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a problem with hikvision DS-PWA32-HSR control panel

my client who is the control panel administrator, no longer remembers the installer password to enter the settings, he had hikconnect associated so I reset the control panel using the button, the control panel resets itself but not completely, i cant access various settings like update i tried with ivms from windows but recovery from ivms also resets but i cant get the other settings.

if I click to want to do an update, it says I don't have permissions, how is this possible if I'm logged in as an administrator? it seems strange.

I then associated another hikconnet account by logging out of my client's account and yet I can't get the normal factory settings

also it is strange that it has updated to the latest firmware 01.08 I usually have to do it manually sto

thinking if you can ssh the firmware back with putty

I also tried with hik-partner pro (installers) but it asks for the installer password

help

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When you login as admin user, you need to enable installer in user option and login to installer using its default password installer12345. You will then be prompted to change installer default password.

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you login as admin user, you need to enable installer in user option and login to installer using its default password installer12345. You will then be prompted to change installer default password.
you saved my life!
I didn't find this information in the manuals either!

great!
luckily you exist! :winktongue::goodpost:

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry trempa92, I have a question if you always know about axiom hub. I tried another new control unit I had at home, as soon as I log in as admin after creating the password I can already memorize the alarm sensors and I have all the configurations of the control unit

while on the control unit I could not find the password a few months ago after having reset it, if I log in as admin after having created the password I cannot add any sensors, if I press the small white button on the control unit to add sensor it tells me verbally: enable the function key through the client software before operation

so I have to log in as admin then enable the installer user and after logging in as installer and password: installer12345 asks me to change the installer password.
after changing it and logging in as installer I have all the functions available like the new control unit

but why this?
why as admin I don't have access to all the control unit settings?

edit:
solved, I went to the update settings in Certifica standard and I set General Standard instead of EN Standard

I do not know what that means

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hikvision logic behind that was mostly like this:

Installer = someone who knows what to do
Admin = Enduser who doesnt know anything and could really mess everything up if given perms

Therefor installer can do configurations while admin can use the system and only add users/passwords and devices that control arming/disarming such as keyfobs and tags