Problem Saving Scheduled Snapshots to Google FileStream.

Austin P

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all!

New and extremely happy BlueIris user here.

Having used proprietary NVR's previously I'm absolutely thrilled with what BlueIris can do for me. I also think that the web interface is the best of any CCTV platform, period.

I currently use BI (latest version - 5.0.2.5 x64) running on a Core i7 Mac mini with 8GB of RAM and a 480GB SSD, with a 2TB external disk for archival purposes. My Cameras are a mix of cheap PTZ and non-PTZ ONVIF devices and the whole setup is extremely functional and slick. In short, I'm pretty chuffed with it all! ;-)

I use it to monitor my house in France which sits empty for 11 months of the year, and one of the things I use the system for is to compile time-lapse videos of the fixed cameras.

Previously I used a piece of external software to do this (VideVelocity3) which polled the cameras to pull a JPEG on a set interval. Since installing BlueIris I've worked around this a different way, instead having each camera save a JPEG snapshot to a different location (AUX1-AUX6) on a 5 minute schedule.

The location that they save into is a "Google File Stream" drive, that is it's a Google Drive. This worked very nicely up until the 1st September (i.e. it worked flawlessly for around 13 days). The images get saved to the location, and Google File Stream deals with shuffling them offsite, over the WAN to a location I can access from my home in the UK. Now, for some reason, BI has stopped making the snapshots entirely. I think it's connected to the way BI is reading the available disk space on the G: Drive.

Google File Stream works by creating a false G: drive in the computer, that shows the contents of your Google Drive. When I untick "Do NOT monitor free space (for some NAS)" under the Aux location on "Clips and archiving" it reports the free disk space as being -176GB! (that's negative 176GB!) so there's clearly something not right.

It simply doesn't save the snapshot, either on the schedule or when manually triggered. I get a little Red Cross at the bottom right hand corner. The confusing thing, of course, is that it worked perfectly up until 9.25am on the 1st September!

Any advice gratefully received.

Austin P

n3wb
Reaction score
Slightly embarrassing this...

...but I'm in a position to answer my own question, or rather Tim36272 is:

Blue Iris Clip: write error 80000005

I made a little more effort with my searching, and discovered that the almost exact problem had been successfully resolved previously.

To summarise here for anybody else who might have the same problem:

The failure to record the snapshot was, in fact, coincidental with me switching from running as an app, to running as a service. The Local Service account doesn't have access to the folder that Google Drive uses, hence BI wasn't able to write the JPEGs. I changed the service to log on interactively using my login account, and it has all burst back into glorious life.

Happy days.