Problem setting up new cam

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just installed a new Hik 2432 in BI. Exported config and added a cloned camera importing the config and changing the names. I have D2D selected in both but I notice two overlays displayed. I can edit one of the overlays in BI so I know it is generated in BI. So now I don't think D2D is being used even though it is clearly selected in file format.

Also... in the general tab I have specific Active during profiles boxes checked and others not checked. Even during profiles that are not checked the camera is enabled. I have two other camera that I configure this way and they both respond the way I would expect.

Short of deleting and reinstalling, any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@anijet
The overlays will be display even when using d2d..its just that they are not recorded. You can delete the overlay.
As far as inactive cameras continuing to display, check the cameras schedule tab and ensure that you have not selected to continue displaying live stream while inactive (At the bottom)

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you Fenderman! I have found the setting at the bottom of the schedule page before but forgot about it this time. Seems like the general tab would be a more likely place for this.

Also, learned something new about D2D. Thanks again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. Glad its sorted.
Also note that you can even while using direct to disk, if you wish, you acn add the timestamp back to the video if you record to bvr format. Its an option on export.