Problem trying to use i7 2600k for BI

Dseg42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a spare Intel i7 2600k laying around I was going to use for my BI computer.
Problem is that all the 1155 motherboards do not have integrated graphics with display ports.
My current Asus P8P67 Deluxe (1155) doesn't even have a VGA/HDMI/DP/DVI - it doesn't have anything, so I would need a graphics card.

Should I just try to find a motherboard with HDMI or does anyone have recommendations for a GPU?
I'd rather not add more power consumption though...

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you either need to add a graphics card to your existing motherboard, or buy a new mother board that supports HDMI natively?

If this is just a test system that you’re setting up, I’d do whatever was least expensive. Can’t you get a not-fancy video card for cheaper than a new motherboard?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So you either need to add a graphics card to your existing motherboard, or buy a new mother board that supports HDMI natively?

If this is just a test system that you’re setting up, I’d do whatever was least expensive. Can’t you get a not-fancy video card for cheaper than a new motherboard?
yes but more than likely will not be able to utilize HA...the card would also add to power consumption..