Problem viewing cams with iVMS-4500

bri5150

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to view my cam from my android phone using iVMS-4500. My NVR is a N7608EP2T. When I try to view the cam while I'm on my home wifi, it works fine. When I turn off wifi and try to connect thru my normal Verizon account, it says "Connection failed". Any idea's?

When I try to enter the IP address thru Chrome on my phone, it says "No plug-in detected", but I can't find out how to DL the plug-in.

Thanks,

Brian

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to view my cam from my android phone using iVMS-4500. My NVR is a N7608EP2T. When I try to view the cam while I'm on my home wifi, it works fine. When I turn off wifi and try to connect thru my normal Verizon account, it says "Connection failed". Any idea's?

When I try to enter the IP address thru Chrome on my phone, it says "No plug-in detected", but I can't find out how to DL the plug-in.

Thanks,

Brian
Welcome to the forum. Chrome wont work. You need to port forward the media port (default 8000) and the rtsp port 554 (I believe this is required for the NVR's, unlike the cameras that only need the media port - someone will correct me if im wrong)..you need to be using your external ip address. After setting it up, use canyouseeme.org to confirm that the ports are open.

Hawko777

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Brian
Try this link
With IVMS4500HD, on the main app page where you put all the details in, put your Routers Original IP address not the IP for the NVR. I did this and it worked

On another addition to you folk that dont or cant get CellPhone Network, but have a wireless router at the house ( Maybe youre on a large property) Try Ubiquiti Picostation M2HP wireless booster indoor/outdoor. Indoors up to 200metres and outdoors up to 600metres( Line of sight)

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/115-Hitting-cameras-web-pages-with-a-laptop-in-an-NVR-with-POE

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unless you forward the ports manually or use uPnP nothing will work outside the local network.