Problem with DS-7204HQHI-SH/A(B)

Sigibert

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I have the VCR installed as of July 2016 working properly all the time. Last week VCR beeped almost continuously, but cameras and VCR were transferred to app. I powered of the VCR. Now it does not boot any more Power LED on for a second TX/Rx for a fraction of a second only.
Who had a similar problem and how was it resolved?

Sigibert

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have disconnected HD and VCR boots but beeping continues. There is one alarm signal displayed at one of the cameras. I will try to disconnect this one.

Sigibert

n3wb
Reaction score
Did not help, connected HDD again, looking to configuration there is no HDD, so I will replace this one as a next step. Thanks for your help Sigi

Sigibert

n3wb
Reaction score
Apparently it is looking for a HDD, which is configured and not there since it is broken. I tried to boot with broken HDD again, this time it did boot.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
My wifi hates that noise when I set up a new nvr as it takes a few minutes to shut it off when the hard drive is formatting it’s self :)

Sigibert

n3wb
Reaction score
Yesterday I have connected a new HD 3,5" like original, but beeping did not stop, no hard disk detected. Next an old 2,5" 160 GB HD, this one was detected and worked for a while. "Defect HD" formatted in other device and was o.k., "new HD 3,5" formatted in an other device was o.k. as well. 3,5 " HD new again connected into Hinvision again with my ear on HD. There is a noise, like HD tries to spin, but does not succeed, then beeping starts.
My conclusion Power supply to 3,5 " HD maybe not strong enough to operate an 3,5 HD. The 2,5 " HD worked for 6-7 hours then beeping started as well.
What next????

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What next????
Well, you have confirmed that there isn't an HDD fault but there is a hardware fault of some type in the DVR.
Suggestion:
Eliminate the HDD cables, power and data, from the cause by substitution.
Check the power supply voltage to the HDD.

Sigibert

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, do you have en idea on specification of required voltage to HDD?
This one maybe
Black: Ground,
Orange: 3,3 V,
Red: 5 V,
Yellow: 12 V

Sigibert

n3wb
Reaction score
No I measured from socket of mainboard. Currently I am checking with supplier, the warranty of Recorder, actually 36 months on all Hikvision hardware

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
No I measured from socket of mainboard.
Possibly may be sagging under load. The fact the 2.5inch was OK for a while and 3.5inch was not may indicate that.
Currently I am checking with supplier, the warranty of Recorder, actually 36 months on all Hikvision hardware
Well, good luck with that, it does seem that there is a hardware fault.

Sigibert

n3wb
Reaction score
I have experienced a lucky end, the VCR was replaced with a new one within warranty period