Problem with MMS

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I did an online chat with Verizon support yesterday, and the first response given is they said it could be spam filtering. When I requested it be turned off, they claimed that nothing in their system is filtering my messages, and asked why I thought it was a Verizon issue. I explained my troubleshooting steps with the logs, Email sent timestamps, the fact that all of my other incoming mms messages and emails are instant, and that it's happening on all of my phones. They had me do the usual troubleshooting steps- reboots, etc, but still no luck. They then said they would open a network service ticket for my lines and would update me on the progress.

I have not heard back but all day today my sms alerts have been within a couple seconds of the triggering, so I suspect they changed something or turned off whatever was causing the delays. At least I hope it's that and not just a fluke.

Contact your providers and complain if you are certain the delay is on your cell provider's end.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Push notifications work great, super fast. I was using them too while my sms alert problem was happening. I just didn't like how it doesn't embed the picture with the message. It's a url that links back to the server, so I could not see pictures unless I was at home or connected to zeroturn outside of home. I also noticed I couldn't zoom in on a picture.

I'm glad to be back on punctual sms alerts. Every one has been spot on since I contacted them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Push notifications work great, super fast. I was using them too while my sms alert problem was happening. I just didn't like how it doesn't embed the picture with the message. It's a url that links back to the server, so I could not see pictures unless I was at home or connected to zeroturn outside of home. I also noticed I couldn't zoom in on a picture.

I'm glad to be back on punctual sms alerts. Every one has been spot on since I contacted them.
I didnt call but the mms alerts seem back to normal on my end as well.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well that was short-lived. My Verizon mms alerts to @vzwpix.com started with the delays this afternoon. I found this thread on the vzw community forum, and I had my case escalated to tier 2. I asked them specifically about the thread on their own website where one of the vwz reps confirmed that vzwpix is throttling emails. They are looking into it and said they will get back to me. I'll let you know if they do. Hopefully this is not their way to quietly cancel this service.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I spoke with 4 different reps with my case, and I had to start from scratch with each one as it got escalated. I asked if they could see the previous chat notes attached to the case(which I could). They said they could. Why ask me what the issue is then? Very frustrating. Gotta play nice though if you want them to help you, so I explained my story and troubleshooting to each one.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I spoke with 4 different reps with my case, and I had to start from scratch with each one as it got escalated. I asked if they could see the previous chat notes attached to the case(which I could). They said they could. Why ask me what the issue is then? Very frustrating. Gotta play nice though if you want them to help you, so I explained my story and troubleshooting to each one.
This was a few years back, but I was having trouble not receiving voicemails in certain areas of Indiana. About the third or fourth time I called Verizon, I just flat out ask him can you put me in contact with a network engineer. Surprisingly they did they transferred me several times but I ended up talking to engineer up in Michigan, and he called me back the next day he said yes I can see where your voicemails are setting here. Next day was something I've been struggling with for a couple of months it was fixed.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dchaos

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed the same issue recently but with ATT. Was using Gmail, tried own email server, etc, same delays, random arrival times, show in sent folders just fine though. I switched my alerts go send through Yahoo, since ATT has their own email service through them in some areas, and I have noticed that the MMS arrive exactly two minutes after the alert is sent in BI, but much better than the previous delays. I think it is definitely some sort of spam filtering on their ends, but one should have the option to change this. I like having MMS for potential "bad service" areas and because, generally, it is fairly quick and then easy to access the recent alerts without having to login to BI via the app or anything.

Bmr4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's Verizon. I had been getting instant text alerts for over a year without a problem and then it went to crap. It's 100% Verizon. My Gmail server works perfectly so now I have it setup sending emails to itself to test and they never fail.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mine went back to working perfect again. I received no response from Verizon regarding the case I have open, which is still open.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I am actually having better luck using @vzwpic.com then @vtext.com

It changes daily

Bmr4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I just turned mine MMS alerts back on after having them off for two weeks+ and they are working as of right now. My GMAIL was filled with old errors from the messages bouncing back before.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
This has always been kind of sketchy. I've had issues with all of the carriers. It also can depend on what email address you're using to send. With T-Mobile now, email from my own domain and Gmail will not work. (Though I did finally receive one I sent a month ago from Gmail yesterday, not particularly useful. lol) Sending from an Apple address works (for now) 100% and near instantly. Around and around with all levels of support and basically the way that it breaks down is that this service is offered on a best-effort basis with no assurance of delivery. They bring filters up and down and have other changes and interruptions of service for a variety of reasons. Nothing you can do about it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This has always been kind of sketchy. I've had issues with all of the carriers. It also can depend on what email address you're using to send. With T-Mobile now, email from my own domain and Gmail will not work. (Though I did finally receive one I sent a month ago from Gmail yesterday, not particularly useful. lol) Sending from an Apple address works (for now) 100% and near instantly. Around and around with all levels of support and basically the way that it breaks down is that this service is offered on a best-effort basis with no assurance of delivery. They bring filters up and down and have other changes and interruptions of service for a variety of reasons. Nothing you can do about it.
Push Notifications, just saying. ;)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, the app will do it.

And I have seen many are using the pushover app as well for those that do not have the BI app.

Last edited: