Problem with new blue pc

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been up and running for over a week now , System was on and running today ,I came home and restarted the pc and i was prompted with a black screen stating: An operating system wasn't found, try disconnecting any drive that don't contain an operating system,

Pc was running Window 10 on a samsung 850 evo ssd and i had three purple drives, I disconnected all drives but ssd, Still same message appeared , How can i test the ssd? Possibly the ssd died? or the os some how got erased?

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes can see drive in bios, set boot to it also. I pulled it out out in a external drive case would not reconize by other pc.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes can see drive in bios, set boot to it also. I pulled it out out in a external drive case would not reconize by other pc.
Its very rare for an ssd to fail (I personally have never seen it) but it does happen. Swap it out.

ThePeacockRanch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can also do a diagnostic on your SSD from the bios. Sounds like it did die somehow. I'm sure you've already tried swapping SATA cables and inspecting the power headers for dirt.

Tikiman1

Banned
Reaction score
Check it's file structure by plugging it into another system. Make sure you don't boot from it though.

Lebeter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
dumb question, but you don't have a usb memory stick plugged in do you? You did say you had the drive set in the boot options but wasn't sure if you had the order right.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check it's file structure by plugging it into another system. Make sure you don't boot from it though.
I Plugged into another PC via external drive- did not read anything drive did not show up.

dumb question, but you don't have a usb memory stick plugged in do you? You did say you had the drive set in the boot options but wasn't sure if you had the order right.
Yes i have double checked the boot order, boot from samsung ssd, then optical, then usb is the order.

SSD's do indeed go bad, usually they cannot be seen in the BIOS when this happens. Take a look at the link below to rewrite your MBR, most likely the info for 8.1 will be the same for 10.

https://neosmart.net/wiki/fix-mbr/
I have stall at this due i am trying to perform reset and the it says drive where window is installed is locked . unlock the drive and try again, so i am googling that now!!

i do believe the MBR is messed up or the partition got change when i follow this guide

i get this:

Last edited:

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have it back up and running , will there be an issue in then future becuase the c drive is Dynamic

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i did not realize that was done till it was up and running, what should i Do?
You will need to reinstall, there are some third party apps that let you convert back, but i would not trust it.
I dont know that this caused your issue, but there is no reason for it to be dynamic.
Do you know what caused your problem?

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah I think my son was screwing with pc , I think he caused the mbr got corrupted or deleted some how, I may have caused the disc to change when i was in command prompt trying to restore mbr.
Can i use an image of drive to reinstall?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I think my son was screwing with pc , I think he caused the mbr got corrupted or deleted some how, I may have caused the disc to change when i was in command prompt trying to restore mbr.
Can i use an image of drive to reinstall?
if you format the dive the image should work.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks I was just concern that image may not work properly on a different formatted disc