Problem with order from Andy (Empiretecandy) and need advice

vlocci

n3wb
Reaction score
All,

Just wanted to close this thread and commend Andy on excellent customer service. DHL was never able to locate my order and Andy re-shipped without issue.

We agreed that I pick up the tab for shipping costs (approx 100.00) which I was more than willing to agree to given what a gentleman Andy had been. Should the original shipment turn up, Andy offered to refund this.

While things too a bit longer than I had hoped to arrived due entirely to DHL, Andy made good in the end. I will absolutely purchase from him in the future and suggest anyone considering doing business with him go ahead knowing that he stands behind his product and company

Vin

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive feedback, as many of us wanted to know the outcome.
This experience of yours and the subsequent high level of customer service you received is exactly why @EMPIRETECANDY comes highly recommended.
It's unfortunate that there are so many other vendors not of his caliber...he most certainly deserves the praise and the prosperity he and his endeavor receives.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
More than 1.5k USD order was lost by USPS for the remote delivering, that is crazy, guys live in remote place which there is no DHL service, better use FEDEX/ups.
We shipped thousands lots shipment every year, this is the 1st time package stolen by the USPS worker.:banghead:

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
More than 1.5k USD order was lost by USPS for the remote delivering, that is crazy, guys live in remote place which there is no DHL service, better use FEDEX/ups.
We shipped thousands lots shipment every year, this is the 1st time package stolen by the USPS worker.:banghead:
And let's hope it will be the last one!!! For everyone's peace of mind.

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If anybody had the slightest doubt about doing business with @EMPIRETECANDY, this should dispel it. That is some top-notch customer service, that is! Andy is, indeed, The Man

I suspect that, unless it magically shows up in USPS' system, somewhere, that's $1,500 lost to Andy :(. My guess is DHL will refuse to cover it on the grounds USPS accepted it on behalf of the recipient. USPS will decline to cover it because it wasn't insured with them.

I've been impressed with DHL's performance in getting stuff here from China, but I'm unimpressed by their performance in the OP's case.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For this situation, please please ship with signature required delivery and insurance. Knowing how crooked the postal company in the city he lives in.... :) (jk)

ccater1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any update on this? I'm curious to know how this turned out for you. Didn't turn out too good for me, but I only lost approximately $500, not $1800. I was having issues with two of my IPC-HFW5231E-Z12's, so I purchased two new from Andy, then sent both with issues back to China for warranty. Long story short, I paid $80 for insurance through USPS, and after 3 months, the end result of the investigation was that no one by the name who signed for my cameras at Dahua actually works for Dahua..... Or so I was told. Either way, since someone signed for my package, it did not qualify for an insurance claim. Andy offered to sell me two more new replacements at a discounted rate, but that just doesn't sit well with me. In fact, I need to sell off the additional cameras I have a spares because I don't plan to invest anymore money in this system. In the future when I upgrade, if I can't deal with Andy's rep here in the States, I'll have to take my business elsewhere.

Casey

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Any update on this? I'm curious to know how this turned out for you. Didn't turn out too good for me, but I only lost approximately $500, not $1800. I was having issues with two of my IPC-HFW5231E-Z12's, so I purchased two new from Andy, then sent both with issues back to China for warranty. Long story short, I paid $80 for insurance through USPS, and after 3 months, the end result of the investigation was that no one by the name who signed for my cameras at Dahua actually works for Dahua..... Or so I was told. Either way, since someone signed for my package, it did not qualify for an insurance claim. Andy offered to sell me two more new replacements at a discounted rate, but that just doesn't sit well with me. In fact, I need to sell off the additional cameras I have a spares because I don't plan to invest anymore money in this system. In the future when I upgrade, if I can't deal with Andy's rep here in the States, I'll have to take my business elsewhere.

Casey
Future can return to our US warehouse in PA for any warranty.
Lastly DHL confirmed lost the parcels and refund us some money, and we resend a new shipment to him via UPS. Because he is living on a island, DHL ship goods to USPS, and USPS workers lost/stoled the parcels.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There has plenty 3rd party warehouses in USA for label service, process returns and warranty. Like many shipment ship to Caribbean Countries, all ship to Florida Firstly and then ship to the destination, can save lots of tax.
Do you mean like a freight forwarding service?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
i hate usps...slow slow slow...and finally, lost your package.
Two sides to most coins. A couple of winters ago DHL sat on my package from Andy for 2 weeks because they couldn't get through the snow. I wish they would have turned it over to USPS who managed to get through the snow every day.

ccater1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Andy,

If a situation happens like my situation where your freight forwarding service sends to China, and someone signs for it in China, but that someone doesn't work for Dahua, what is the outcome? Total loss for the customer, or does the responsibility then fall on your freight forwarding service? I'm still sore over my $500 loss...

Casey