But in a problem all the settings worked
These are some problems

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But in a problem all the settings worked
These are some problems
What version of firmware is shown for the camera in SADP?
If the firmware is newer than 5.4.5 the password reset tool will not work, because the backdoor it uses has been fixed.

Suggestion (will only work for firmware older than 5.4.5):
With the PC IP address set to 192.168.254.12 use exactly the following in the browser, to see if it can extract a configuration file.
If it does, zip the file and attach here and I will decrypt and decode it and extract the password for you.

http://192.168.254.13/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Your firmware build date is 170124. Based on the vulnerable firmware version list I compiled here, I believe your camera is not compatible with the reset tool.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
you can always find the 'factory reset button' and hit that. you may need to open the cam to find it. even if there's no button, there's almost always a couple of pin pads one can short out (with a pin or paperclip) while booting the camera to reset it to factory defaults...

OR follow the instructions found here on the forum to 'update' your cam via TFTPd to the same version it's on now (make sure to use the right version for you cam!). That has the side effect of reverting to factory settings, just like hitting the reset button...