Problem with remote viewing Hik NVR port forwarding issue, I’m sure

shorttimer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all –
Hopefully there is a network sage out here that can assist me. I read a bunch of articles but haven’t found my solution. I have a Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR with a Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I camera. All is working fine with the exception of the remote viewing. I can view it locally from my Windows phone with the ivms-4500 app, from a monitor or a laptop. NVR has IP address of 192.168.0.18. It is on port 8000 and an IP gateway of 192.168.0.1 I understand I need to forward port 8000 as a minimum to enable the remote viewing. My modem is a Zyxel Q1000z. I cannot seem to be able to forward port 8000. I have tried both TCP and UDP with 8000 being the beginning as well as ending port. I put in 192.168.0.18 (NVR IP address) as to forward it to. When I do this I get the error message “The defined port or port range is in use by another port forwarding or applications rule. You must remove the rule before the new rule can be applied.” The modem settings show the Port forwarding list as “No rules defined.” I have uPNP disabled both in the modem as well as in the NVR. I have as well attempted to see if the port is open with canyouseeme.org and it times out. I have Kaspersky Internet Security and even disabled that temporarily to no avail. Anybody that could possibly assist me would be greatly appreciated. Again all is well locally, on a monitor, laptop and phone.
[FONT=&quot]Thanks a lot.[/FONT]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all –
Hopefully there is a network sage out here that can assist me. I read a bunch of articles but haven’t found my solution. I have a Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR with a Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I camera. All is working fine with the exception of the remote viewing. I can view it locally from my Windows phone with the ivms-4500 app, from a monitor or a laptop. NVR has IP address of 192.168.0.18. It is on port 8000 and an IP gateway of 192.168.0.1 I understand I need to forward port 8000 as a minimum to enable the remote viewing. My modem is a Zyxel Q1000z. I cannot seem to be able to forward port 8000. I have tried both TCP and UDP with 8000 being the beginning as well as ending port. I put in 192.168.0.18 (NVR IP address) as to forward it to. When I do this I get the error message “The defined port or port range is in use by another port forwarding or applications rule. You must remove the rule before the new rule can be applied.” The modem settings show the Port forwarding list as “No rules defined.” I have uPNP disabled both in the modem as well as in the NVR. I have as well attempted to see if the port is open with canyouseeme.org and it times out. I have Kaspersky Internet Security and even disabled that temporarily to no avail. Anybody that could possibly assist me would be greatly appreciated. Again all is well locally, on a monitor, laptop and phone.
[FONT=&amp]Thanks a lot.[/FONT]
To remote view the NVR you will need to forward 8000 and 554 (if you have an individual camera and no nvr then 8000 is sufficient)...
You can try changing the http port on the NVR to 8585 then forwarding that port instead, as well as 554.

shorttimer

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the most prompt response. I was able to successfully forward 8585 and now canyouseeme sees it. But I still can't forward 554 with the same error. One thing I noticed is under network it shows the RTSP port as 10554? Possibly I need to change that as well? Thanks again

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the most prompt response. I was able to successfully forward 8585 and now canyouseeme sees it. But I still can't forward 554 with the same error. One thing I noticed is under network it shows the RTSP port as 10554? Possibly I need to change that as well? Thanks again
ok, if the rtsp port is 10554, thats even better, simply forward 10554..

shorttimer

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman,

Was able to forward that port successfully as well and can see both ports are open. Will work on the rest now that I have the ports forwarded. Probably have more questions as time goes on.

Thanks again

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When you use canyouseeme.org, your checking to see if a device using that port can be seen. If your NVR wasn't using 554, than canyouseeme will tell you that it is not seeing a device using that port, not so much that it is open or closed.

shorttimer

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I’m making progress but still have issues. It appears both 8585 and 10554 are forwarded correctly. As per the instructions I went to the us.hik-online site and created an account. Put in my serial # and my device domain (I have only one camera) and all went well. The device status shows device link of http://us.hik-online.com/mydevicedomain. When I click on my device domain name it shows the http port port 80. I tried leaving it at 0 with the same result but port 80 is not, and I can’t forward port 80. I also tried to access the dynamic link in FF with the same results. When I click on the link, I get the redirecting page going to the dynamic IP link but then it times out. So any suggestions? I would like to eventually just access this without going through Hikvision but that is what the instructions say so I’m just following them, one step at a time. I plan to access it via a web browser as well as the ivms-4500 app on my Windows phone Thanks

[FONT=&quot]Believe it or not I’m from a Hi-Tech background just not Networking. Anybody remember the old Memorex 660-1 drives or the Sperry 714 drives? 29 MB in a drive the size of a wash machine and before that drives that used hydraulics to move the heads– that is my era. LOL[/FONT]

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would just skip the whole hik online site, get the IP from canyouseeme.org, and use that external IP to access it.

if you can't port forward 80, try to change it on the machine to another number. configuration->Network->More settings , from there you can change the ports.

if you change the http port put it in at the end of your IP.

for example if you use port 90, then your local ip would look like http://192.168.0.18:90
external IP would be http://externalIP:90

lastly if you are using the external IP while on the local network, that might not work too depending on your router. try it on your phone without wifi to simulate an outside connection to see if it works.

shorttimer

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fruit.

I changed the port to 85 and disconnected my laptop from my wireless network. I also turned my phone off of Wi-Fi data and use 4G/LTE data. I then connected my laptop to my phone using cellular data. I can now access it through both the Hik site as well as the http://externalip:85 So that is great, thanks. I tried to access my NVR with my phone using cellular data only and when I tried to put the external address into IE on my phone it at least brought me the login screen. When I attempted to login it wanted the plugin, (Webcomponents I'm guessing) so I have to see about getting that on the browser of my phone. Then tried to access the camera with ivms-4500 but am getting a timeout with that so I will check that out. I set it to port 85 and notice it was attempting to access the externalIP;85 so that looked good. But I'm certainly making progress.

Thanks again.

shorttimer

n3wb
Reaction score
All is working now with the exception that I can't view the camera remotely with ivms-4500. When I try that the screen says "receiving data from device timed out." But I can view the camera with the same application connected to my wifi and it works fine. I can also view via FF browser either local network or remotely. Can anybody shed any light as to why the ivms-4500 would have issues remotely? Thanks again

kingdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
The scenero got me all the way to downloading USSCWebComponents, closed MSIE (Windows-7), ran webcomponents and good completion. Start MSIE and I have logged in to my NVR but no image in the panel. Back to work now.