problem with some of my streams

jihiggs

n3wb
Reaction score
I have several cameras hooked up, one of which is a dlink dcs 2330l, another a boavision something. 2 other cameras, amcrest ip2 something. I dont know if they ever do it, one is recording indoors with minimal movement, the other I dont use often. once in a while, for a short period of time, videos from all of my cameras at one time or another produce a video like this:
this was recorded with the boavision via blueiris. it seems to not do this nearly as much during the day, but around 2:00am. I assumed it was 2.4ghz congestion, so I hard wired this camera via ethernet. its better, but still infrequently does this. it could be a car, or even a cat walking accross the road. it looks to me like a really bad compression error. I would be happy to just assume it was the crappy chinese clone camera, but I have seen it on 3 cameras now. 2 computers have done this, an i5 and an i7. low ram usage, direct to disk recording, always low utilization cpu and hard drive. the hard drive is in good shape. just me using the network, no chance im overloading the switch.

any ideas? ive tried lowering the bitrate of the camera, the lower resolution sub stream has the same problem.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
screen shot of the camera setting for inside the camera... frame rate, bit rate, iframe....
What are you recording the video on.
Need the model number of the camera causing the problem.

Also color at night is over rate, set the camera for Black and white at night.

jihiggs

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks every one, ive made some changes to the settings according to the website tony posted. so far so good. as for why its not black and white, I turned off night vision on that camera because there is a street light behind it that keeps things pretty well lit.