problem with update it kept telling me to run as adminstator but no go

Reaction score
I contacted support on the 18th and haven't heard back so I tried repairing the install and it's still not working. if I do a fresh install can I copy the cameras from by backup machine over without copying the license file? I have 2 licenses but the backup machine runs at 100% cpu when there is more then 2 cameras recording,

thanks for the help

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I contacted support on the 18th and haven't heard back so I tried repairing the install and it's still not working. if I do a fresh install can I copy the cameras from by backup machine over without copying the license file? I have 2 licenses but the backup machine runs at 100% cpu when there is more then 2 cameras recording,

thanks for the help
Yes...a machine running at 100 is silly.. it's either underpowered or you are not using direct to disk and hardware acceleration...

Reaction score
well it is a watercooled pc with a wc EVGA 980 vga card. 500 gig sd main drive, 250 gig ssd for BI and 4 tb raid 5 running windows 10 64 with a fresh install/ writing direct to disk. I just can't figure out what the bottleneck is

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Double-check that all cameras are set for direct-to-disc. AFAIK, the only thing BI uses for hardware acceleration is the onboard Intel HD with QuickSync. Not sure if your system has that. If it does, it's an option you have to manually enable in BI and reboot the first time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
well it is a watercooled pc with a wc EVGA 980 vga card. 500 gig sd main drive, 250 gig ssd for BI and 4 tb raid 5 running windows 10 64 with a fresh install/ writing direct to disk. I just can't figure out what the bottleneck is
You dont mention the CPU???
you dont mention your camera load, what resolution what frame rate??
Are you certain that you enable direct to disk under the settings for each camera?
Are you running the demo? are you remoting in?