Problems deleting clip since changing computers

Boyturtle

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently running latest stable release v.5.4.4.8 and Deepstack AI (on the same server)

Since changing my PC, importing the previous settings and moving my license to the new unit I have mostly been unable to right click on the clips and delete. In nine cases out of ten, I get the error "Could not delete 1 item(s); may be protected or in use". This happens on clips that have not been protected/saved or are in use; the camera can be disabled and this still happens. Very rarely does the delete function work as it should. The problem happens on all cameras. To delete a clip, I have to do it through File Explorer and run Database Repair/Regenerate after deletion.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure that you haven't set up BI to do auto flag DeepStack AI alert clips.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You don't need to be manually deleting clips. If BI is configured correct, it will handle that automatically.

Boyturtle

n3wb
Reaction score
Make sure that you haven't set up BI to to auto flag DeepStack AI alert clips.
Aha, that would be it. Thanks for the heads up .
Can you point me to some reading material about Deepstack as I'm really struggling to get my head around it and making it work properly for me?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome!

Best bet is just to search the forum for reading material about DeepStack - there isn't a manual per say and a lot of it is just playing with and learning it and reading other people comments about it in threads.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Aha, that would be it. Thanks for the heads up .
Can you point me to some reading material about Deepstack as I'm really struggling to get my head around it and making it work properly for me?
The issue is not the autoflag (which is the default settings), its actually "auto protect when flagged" in the clips and archiving tab. This is unchecked by default, you must have checked it.

Boyturtle

n3wb
Reaction score
The issue is not the autoflag (which is the default settings), its actually "auto protect when flagged" in the clips and archiving tab. This is unchecked by default, you must have checked it.
You are correct, although I can't remember checking it, nor for what reason. My bad