Problems shutting down and updating

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having consistent problems updating my BI5 install. Every-time I try to update, I get the attached error.
I think something is causing BI to not shutdown so the update can proceed, since I often need to kill the task to close BI.
When I close the program, all four of my cameras are stuck on the black "SHUTTING DOWN" screen but BI never quits.
I think the updater is trying to shut BI down and it fails.
I've rebuilt the database so I am not sure what else I can do to get past the failure to shut down.

Either way, is there a path to update BI without using the built in updater?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having consistent problems updating my BI5 install. Every-time I try to update, I get the attached error.
I think something is causing BI to not shutdown so the update can proceed, since I often need to kill the task to close BI.
When I close the program, all four of my cameras are stuck on the black "SHUTTING DOWN" screen but BI never quits.
I think the updater is trying to shut BI down and it fails.
I've rebuilt the database so I am not sure what else I can do to get past the failure to shut down.

Either way, is there a path to update BI without using the built in updater?
yes, manually download the update from the BI website or the download section of the forum. Shutdown BI (including the service) and install.

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you @fenderman - I am running the 32 bit version (which is what I originally installed when I was in demo mode) but I think I should move to the 64 bit version. Is there a quick way to export all my settings to install the 64 bit and then import the settings?

I see the export, but does that do my camera settings and my license?

Thx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you @fenderman - I am running the 32 bit version (which is what I originally installed when I was in demo mode) but I think I should move to the 64 bit version. Is there a quick way to export all my settings to install the 64 bit and then import the settings?

I see the export, but does that do my camera settings and my license?

Thx
is your os 32 bit or 64 bit