Product Selection Help

Cyberk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

hoping you guys can point me in the right direction

im looking for an indoor wifi PT camera with 2 way audio. 1080P preferred with dual streams. For now. I plan on using it as a baby monitor but will repurpose it for inside surveillance later on. Mounting should be versatile, on top of a table or some type of tripod style set screw.

Ive tried
1. all the dlink baby monitor cameras, firmware is retarded.
2. Hosafe cameras, again firmware sucks

im a hikvision guy but can't find anything that would do the trick there. Closest I've gotten is the Foscam R2, but the price is a little on the high side for me.

Ill be be using this with a Synology NVR.

any and all suggestions welcome and appreciated!

ps: Please and Thank you! :)

Cyberk

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice!

I can definitely see why the PT could be considered a gimmic. However, in the future, I could set up a pre-programmed patrol path and have the camera pan and tilt on its own. Then again, why?, lol

I will admit that you got me rethinking the importance of the PT, with 2.8mm and 2-3mp I shouldn't really need to PT.

Maybe when the kid gets older and starts crawling, PT would be more useful.

Hikvision doesn't make a 2mp version of that camera, they have a 1.3 and a 3mp, wonder if it's an old model. I'll see what the distribution price is.

Please keep comments coming!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice!

I can definitely see why the PT could be considered a gimmic. However, in the future, I could set up a pre-programmed patrol path and have the camera pan and tilt on its own. Then again, why?, lol

I will admit that you got me rethinking the importance of the PT, with 2.8mm and 2-3mp I shouldn't really need to PT.

Maybe when the kid gets older and starts crawling, PT would be more useful.

Hikvision doesn't make a 2mp version of that camera, they have a 1.3 and a 3mp, wonder if it's an old model. I'll see what the distribution price is.

Please keep comments coming!
The 2mp in the nellys link is a hikvision camera. Its just not listed on the hik site, just like many of their 2mp cams..