Profile change at sunset after manually selecting profile

iandrews

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this is possible, or the best way to do it, but let me try to explain. I have 2 profiles, Day and Night, and have set the global scheduler up to switch between them at sunrise and sunset, and that works ok. Now, for 2 cameras covering the back of the house / garden I would like to be able to disable alerts for when the kids are playing out back (quite a bit during this lockdown in the uk). I was using the app, and then (one at a time) long pressing on the camera, and setting the alert to "Never" and then in the evening having to remember to go back and reset the camera alerts to "This camera is triggered".

After forgetting to do that a few times I thought I could maybe set up another profile to do it, so I have set up a 3rd profile with alerts for those 2 camera disabled. I set "Temp time" to 0 (which I think means hold in that profile) as the time I want to stay in that profile is an unknow. So, today when then kids went out back I selected this 3rd profile, and all worked as expected re not getting alerts, but I was hopping that when it got to the sunset time, because a profile change is scheduled to happen, it would revert back automatically to the night profile, but that didn't happen. Now I suspect it's because I set the "Temp time" to 0, and hence it will hold in that profile until another profile is "manually" selected.

So my question is, is it possible to manually select a profile and then have it automatically switch at sunset, or if not, how could I disable the alerts on 2 cameras until sunset, and then automatically have alerts re-enabled.

Ian.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@iandrews The temp setting is automatically overridden when a schedule change occurs. Simply set your temp time to a few hours. The reason you are having an issue is because your setting of 0 turned temp into a hold.

Last edited:

iandrews

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, that seems to have worked. I set the temp time to 720 mins (12 hours), and after selecting the no motion profile this morning at sunset this evening it switched over to the night profile :thumb: Seems I had the right idea but just selected the wrong type of profile state (I had searched the help file, and this site but couldn't see anything specific to this).