Profile Configuration Suggestions

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm in the process of completing my Blue Iris install. I have a total of 11 cameras, 4 interior and 7 exterior cameras. I'm looking for suggestions on configuring Profiles given that I also have VERA HA interfaced to both the Blue Iris AND my DSC alarm System.

My initial thinking is profiles for a) All Cameras; b) Interior Cameras; c) Exterior Cameras and a separate profile for cameras to be active when the Alarm System is ARMED. But I'm new to this so i'm curious what others have done and what the group recommends.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
With respect to profiles i would create profiles based on time of day or event occurring vs cams...the idea being that at any given time there can only be one profile active (unless you overide the global profile and make each camera independent which is not necessary for most setups)..at any given profile you can set each cam to do whatever you want it to.

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With respect to profiles i would create profiles based on time of day or event occurring vs cams...the idea being that at any given time there can only be one profile active (unless you overide the global profile and make each camera independent which is not necessary for most setups)..at any given profile you can set each cam to do whatever you want it to.
Excellent point, didn't see it that way. Back to the drawing board :)

Thanks saved me a lot of wasted effort

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Although I am fairly new to this - I have my 8 cameras set up similar to what Clipper initially proposed.

I have 4 outdoor cameras that I want to record 24/7 (motion detection) and 4 indoor cameras that I only want to record between 11 pm and 6 am.

Each camera is set to override the global schedule and it has worked well so far... My 24/7 profile is set to be profile #1 (green) and the 11 pm to 6 am is profile 3 (red). As I look at BlueIris - at the top right, profile 1 is active and each camera window that is using that profile displays a green 1, but the other 4 cameras are showing a red 3 meaning they are not in record mode due to the time of the day

Am I doing it wrong or is there a better way?