Profiles Question

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been lurking around but have not found a definitive answer yet. I just started working with schedules and profiles and I'm still trying to understand them. I've read several threads and I'm almost there.

I have a simple setup since this is all new to me. One hk series 2132 running in BI4 latest version. I turned on the global schedule leaving profile 1 as default, 24/7. I then went to profile 2 and set it up to be active between 7am and 5pm M-F. I then went to the camera and set motion record when triggered for profile 1. I changed to profile 2 and set motion, record when triggered and alert via push to app when triggered.

What I'm assuming is when it's between 7am and 5pm M-F I will get the alerts and it will record. When its NOT 7am-5pm M-F the only difference is I won't get alerts. Is that correct?

I'm also assuming that even though profile 1 is set to be active 24/7, profile 2 take over when it is active. Is that correct?

I'm just wondering since profiles 1 and 2 overlap between 7am and 5pm M-F if I will get double recordings?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
post a screenshot of your schedule..you cannot set profile 1 24/7 and profile 2 for other times...only one profile can be active at a time (unless you are using override)..

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
post a screenshot of your schedule..you cannot set profile 1 24/7 and profile 2 for other times...only one profile can be active at a time (unless you are using override)..
I can't access the server from work right now. I'll have to post screenshots tonight

But, what I did was go to config>schedule and enabled schedules. Using the Default schedule profile 1 was all green. I left it like that. I went to profile 2 and drew blue between 7am and 5pm M-F. That's it. Next I wen to the camera settings and did the settings for each profile.

So by drawing profile 2 does that disable that time in profile 1? Or do I need to erase profile 2's time in profile 1?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You did it correctly..as soon as you draw profile 2, profile 1 is no longer active in that time period.

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I think I'm understanding profiles and schedules. So now I introduced geofence and to my surprise it's working. I originally used profile 1 just for recording and set the schedule for profile 2 to add alerts between 7am and 5pm M-F. I've changed the schedules to the default where only profile 1 was set to run 24/7 and nothing for profiles 2 thru 7. My single camera is still set to record motion on profile 1 and record motion and send alerts on profile 2. So I went to mobile setup and set my geofence enter to run and exit to hold profile 2. Seems to be working fine.

Now comes the question. I want to setup different motion settings based on day or night. But I still want geofence to decide to send alerts or not. So here is my thoughts.

Use the default schedule and set profile 1 for day and profile 2 for night.
Create a new schedule called away and setup profile 3 for day and 4 for night. I would also blank out profile 1 and 2.
Setup the the camera on profiles 1 and 2 based on how I want motion to work and trigger the recording.
Copy profile 1 to 3 and 2 to 4 then edit 3 and 4 to add in alerts.
Use geofence to use the default schedule upon enter and use the new away schedule for exit.

Would that work? Is there a better way that is easier?
I thought about the cloned camera option but didn't know how to use it with geofence. Also wasn't sure if using a cloned camera would cause my system to use more cpu resources.