Profiles/schedule to send alerts

sirsoccerhead

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I own a business and would like to set up triggered periodic recording for the hours we are open and triggered recording for when we are closed. Also I would like to receive the email/texts alerts while we are closed but not while we are open. Please advise how to do this. Thank you in advance.

sirsoccerhead

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I am using blue iris on my pc. Ive read the manual but still cant make sense of it all. Also I will have 2 internal hdds how can I get it to use both hdds for recording without a raid. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to set up two profiles one for business hours one for closed hours. Don't enable alerts for the business hours profile.
As far as the drives under "clips and archiving" you can set one drive for the new clips and one for the stored clips.

sirsoccerhead

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok Ive done all that. I cant find the record settings for quality and fps. Is there a way to lower fps during day and ramp back up for nighttime recording automatically?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok Ive done all that. I cant find the record settings for quality and fps. Is there a way to lower fps during day and ramp back up for nighttime recording automatically?
I don't believe that can be done. While BI lets you choose FPS (its in the camera options), i think it records whatever the camera is ending it, however i never tested it. I also dont believe that is a setting that can be adjusted via profiles. You can set up a duplicate camera and make one active at night ans the other during the day.