Progressive Liberal Hypocrisy

slamb

n3wb
Reaction score
Democrat leftist [...] decriminalize certain crimes so it is not really a crime anymore in Democrat cities.

Hi! I'm an actual California liberal. I voted for Proposition 47. I am the person being blamed in that video. Sorry to interrupt this festival of schadenfreude, but...

The thing is, Proposition 47 didn't decriminalize anything. It recategorized some crimes. Shoplifting/petty theft under $950 is now "just" a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $1,000 and up to six months in county jail. I believe that's a proportionate punishment.

This isn't just some crazy liberal idea. Newt Gingrich, of all people, argued for Prop 47 in this op-ed, saying that many red states had already passed similar laws.

Certainly there have been many crimes around here that police haven't bothered to investigate. Not just these high-profile robberies but car break-ins, catalytic converter theft, etc. Yes, this bugs me. Prop 47 is frequently blamed by the "investigating officer", although I'm being generous by using the word "investigating". But there's nothing in Prop 47 that prevents them from putting people in jail for these crimes.

Story time: my wife's car was totaled in a hit-and-run collision. A witness left a note describing the other vehicle as a local pizza restaurant's delivery truck. When we reported the crime, the investigating officer told us that if this were CSI, they'd have detectives repelling out of helicopters to investigate, but in reality nothing could be done to find the witness or perpetrator. My wife and I went took the extreme measure of putting a note up in our apartment complex's laundry room asking the witness to call us. It worked. The police officer could have done that too if he'd cared or displayed any kind of initiative. We also went to the pizza restaurant's parking lot and found a delivery truck with matching damage to its bumper. The police still did nothing. This was before Prop 47, so they didn't even bother to make an excuse. If it was after, I'm sure they would have somehow blamed Prop 47, even though it doesn't change anything about vehicular crimes. :rolleyes:

why work? lets just say all you took was $950 a day, 5 days a week (you got to take two days off because shoplifting is hard work), that roughly $250,000 a year all under the table, so you can collect welfare and food stamps also :rolleyes: Vote Democrat!!!
Great, but a year later, after 260 counts of shoplifting, you owe $260,000 and will be in county jail for 130 years. Also, to collect welfare and food stamps, you lied about your income to the IRS, so afterward you can go to federal prison for income tax evasion like Al Capone.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
MSNBC’s Rachel Madcow failed to mention career criminal Darrell Brooks during Waukesha parade attack segment

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Love how he starts off though…. “Republicans thwarting progress towards a more equal society”

You can always tell a worthless piece of shit liberal scum bag when the use the words “equal / equity”. It’s their way of saying “give us more free shit so we don’t have to work for it”

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi! I'm an actual California liberal. I voted for Proposition 47. I am the person being blamed in that video. Sorry to interrupt this festival of schadenfreude, but...

The thing is, Proposition 47 didn't decriminalize anything. It recategorized some crimes. Shoplifting/petty theft under $950 is now "just" a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $1,000 and up to six months in county jail. I believe that's a proportionate punishment.

This isn't just some crazy liberal idea. Newt Gingrich, of all people, argued for Prop 47 in this op-ed, saying that many red states had already passed similar laws.

Certainly there have been many crimes around here that police haven't bothered to investigate. Not just these high-profile robberies but car break-ins, catalytic converter theft, etc. Yes, this bugs me. Prop 47 is frequently blamed by the "investigating officer", although I'm being generous by using the word "investigating". But there's nothing in Prop 47 that prevents them from putting people in jail for these crimes.

Story time: my wife's car was totaled in a hit-and-run collision. A witness left a note describing the other vehicle as a local pizza restaurant's delivery truck. When we reported the crime, the investigating officer told us that if this were CSI, they'd have detectives repelling out of helicopters to investigate, but in reality nothing could be done to find the witness or perpetrator. My wife and I went took the extreme measure of putting a note up in our apartment complex's laundry room asking the witness to call us. It worked. The police officer could have done that too if he'd cared or displayed any kind of initiative. We also went to the pizza restaurant's parking lot and found a delivery truck with matching damage to its bumper. The police still did nothing. This was before Prop 47, so they didn't even bother to make an excuse. If it was after, I'm sure they would have somehow blamed Prop 47, even though it doesn't change anything about vehicular crimes. :rolleyes:

Great, but a year later, after 260 counts of shoplifting, you owe $260,000 and will be in county jail for 130 years. Also, to collect welfare and food stamps, you lied about your income to the IRS, so afterward you can go to federal prison for income tax evasion like Al Capone.
The problem is that DA's like Gascom are taking advantage of that and not punishing anyone. The police know the DA will do nothing and that is why they do not even bother except to take a report. By the way do you support defunding the police or "reimaging" the police forces?