Progressive Liberal Hypocrisy

Reaction score
Last night I had a few minutes to relax and thought I would watch something on Netflix. The movie, 'Leave the World Behind' popped up and looked interesting. It was a FUKING TRAP. Its suppose to be and is advertised as 'a world ending event movie' That's how they trap you.
I really don't like Julia Roberts....that was my first warning. Then there was Ethan Hawke I can handle...have seen him in a few good things....and Mahershala Ali, love that guy and imo he's a great actor.

This movie wasn't about the world ending...it was about AMERICA ENDING! Why? Because we have become so full of hatred, and have made so many enemies. In one part it describes the East Coast being attacked by the Middle East and the West Coast by the Korean's or Chinese. And somewhere in the middle was the rest of the world hacking our network, taking it down, and in the end, nuking us.

Julia Roberts plays a 'Karen' (I hate that term as it describes mostly only angry white women) from hell....smart, but full of anger and bigotry and hatred for humans. Her husband, Ethan Hawke, plays a stupid, non-intellectual 'white' man that is a complete coward and actually calls himself 'a useless' man in one part of the movie. Roberts also belittles him quite a lot in the movie, showing how she is superior to him as well (take that feminism). Their two kids are actually pretty good, and it's a shame they were in this travesty of a movie.

Now as for Mahershala Ali, he plays a very well spoken, intellectual, 'has his shit together' type of man that knows what is happening but secretly tries to keep it from Roberts, her family and his daughter, which btw, is a racist bigot. She tells him at one point, 'You know how white people are.' They are portrayed as the 'smart' ones in the movie, and all of the other white people in it are stupid, angry and worthless. She consistantly belittles Roberts (and to a degree most of the family) through out the movie. If her character was supposed to make me hate her, it did, but I know that wasn't the directors aim on this role. Oh Kevin Bacon...plays a stereotypical 'prep-er' along with his paranoid belief that it is America's fault (more or less) for what is happening. 'We've made a lot of enemies'......

Roberts and Hawke rent this house to get away from the 'world' for a few days. When shit hits the fan, Ali and his daughter shows up because its their house and they have no where else to go. Julia Roberts can't believe they are the owners....and you can guess why.

Its a horrible movie, and I hate myself for giving it air time. IT DEMONSTRATES EXACTLY what is wrong with the left's way of thinking.....the anit-American's, the anti-whites, the woke crowd, its just horrible and pathetic.

I would say that I am surprised that Netflix aired this...but I am surprised I was fooled into watching it. it could have been a good movie.

Yeah, F**K YOU Netflix and you will not fool me a second time.

Buy hey, you might take it a completely different way.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And here's Commiefornia attacking life blood of our economy...free market and trying to control them. Wow. Fuk YOU California!

View attachment 180999

The people (?) running the Republik of Kalifornication have got to be the dumbest life forms on this planet:
  • Major retailers closing stores because of theft, vandalism and assaults with no enforcement attempts
  • People and retailers fleeing state because of homeless encampments, sidewalks impassable due to feces and urine, urban crime out of control
So your answer as some form of governing responsibility to the public and businesses is to place additional expenses and hardships on them?
And then you act puzzled and butt-hurt when those same businesses and people decide they've had enough and leave the state?
But then again, the people that keep putting these morons in office are the real idiots and share most of the blame. :mad:

Reaction score
Production
Netflix won a bidding war for the rights to the novel by Rumaan Alam in July 2020, with Sam Esmail attached to write and direct. Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington were set to star in and produce the film.[3] In September 2021, Mahershala Ali had been cast in the film, replacing Washington who had exited by that point.[4] Ethan Hawke and Myha'la Herrold joined in January 2022.[5][6] Former U.S. president Barack and First Lady Michelle Obama executive produced the film through their Higher Ground Productions banner.[7]

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Last night I had a few minutes to relax and thought I would watch something on Netflix. The movie, 'Leave the World Behind' popped up and looked interesting. It was a FUKING TRAP. Its suppose to be and is advertised as 'a world ending event movie' That's how they trap you.
I really don't like Julia Roberts....that was my first warning. Then there was Ethan Hawke I can handle...have seen him in a few good things....and Mahershala Ali, love that guy and imo he's a great actor.

This movie wasn't about the world ending...it was about AMERICA ENDING! Why? Because we have become so full of hatred, and have made so many enemies. In one part it describes the East Coast being attacked by the Middle East and the West Coast by the Korean's or Chinese. And somewhere in the middle was the rest of the world hacking our network, taking it down, and in the end, nuking us.

Julia Roberts plays a 'Karen' (I hate that term as it describes mostly only angry white women) from hell....smart, but full of anger and bigotry and hatred for humans. Her husband, Ethan Hawke, plays a stupid, non-intellectual 'white' man that is a complete coward and actually calls himself 'a useless' man in one part of the movie. Roberts also belittles him quite a lot in the movie, showing how she is superior to him as well (take that feminism). Their two kids are actually pretty good, and it's a shame they were in this travesty of a movie.

Now as for Mahershala Ali, he plays a very well spoken, intellectual, 'has his shit together' type of man that knows what is happening but secretly tries to keep it from Roberts, her family and his daughter, which btw, is a racist bigot. She tells him at one point, 'You know how white people are.' They are portrayed as the 'smart' ones in the movie, and all of the other white people in it are stupid, angry and worthless. She consistantly belittles Roberts (and to a degree most of the family) through out the movie. If her character was supposed to make me hate her, it did, but I know that wasn't the directors aim on this role. Oh Kevin Bacon...plays a stereotypical 'prep-er' along with his paranoid belief that it is America's fault (more or less) for what is happening. 'We've made a lot of enemies'......

Roberts and Hawke rent this house to get away from the 'world' for a few days. When shit hits the fan, Ali and his daughter shows up because its their house and they have no where else to go. Julia Roberts can't believe they are the owners....and you can guess why.

Its a horrible movie, and I hate myself for giving it air time. IT DEMONSTRATES EXACTLY what is wrong with the left's way of thinking.....the anit-American's, the anti-whites, the woke crowd, its just horrible and pathetic.

I would say that I am surprised that Netflix aired this...but I am surprised I was fooled into watching it. it could have been a good movie.

I watch that movie like a do a lot of them, on my tablet doing stuff with the movie going on in the background. You were spot on. Typical liberal twist on everything some of which they try to do subtly but with the repeated drum beating they will engrain their BS into the minds of weak thinkers who are the tiktok types.

p.s. How'd you like the Tesla scene? LOL!

Reaction score
I watch that movie like a do a lot of them, on my tablet doing stuff with the movie going on in the background. You were spot on. Typical liberal twist on everything some of which they try to do subtly but with the repeated drum beating they will engrain their BS into the minds of weak thinkers who are the tiktok types.

p.s. How'd you like the Tesla scene? LOL!
Exactly and YEAP! That was actually one of the better parts! :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Take a close look at the producer credits. Explains it all.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Read the part about "neo genders". Just when you thought dinosaurs were extinct... Who knew? SMDH

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The people (?) running the Republik of Kalifornication have got to be the dumbest life forms on this planet:
  • Major retailers closing stores because of theft, vandalism and assaults with no enforcement attempts
  • People and retailers fleeing state because of homeless encampments, sidewalks impassable due to feces and urine, urban crime out of control
So your answer as some form of governing responsibility to the public and businesses is to place additional expenses and hardships on them?
And then you act puzzled and butt-hurt when those same businesses and people decide they've had enough and leave the state?
But then again, the people that keep putting these morons in office are the real idiots and share most of the blame. :mad:
Sure... That's what they do. Double-down on the stupid, and expect it to somehow get better. Until the voters wise up and stop voting for the ultra-leftists ("liberal" is too far-right for them), it's going to continue.