Proper Blue Iris Settings

jjjccc

n3wb
Reaction score
I have successfully connected my cameras, however, when I tried to retrieve the recorded videos, it's only showing recordings in the past 24 hours...

I was wondering if I could pay anyone of you to help me step by step setup my Blue Iris, including proper triggers, recording and alert settings!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have successfully connected my cameras, however, when I tried to retrieve the recorded videos, it's only showing recordings in the past 24 hours...

I was wondering if I could pay anyone of you to help me step by step setup my Blue Iris, including proper triggers, recording and alert settings!
Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

Before you break out that wallet, have you consulted BI's built-in "Help"? It's quite extensive and will likely answer many of your questions.

jjjccc

n3wb
Reaction score
Before you break out that wallet, have you consulted BI's built-in "Help"? It's quite extensive and will likely answer many of your questions.
I did give it a crack myself reading through the help docs and also youtube videos... but it's just too many features I'd like to get someone much more familiar on what I want and can setup it up correctly.

I might have encountered a theft, but I think it has been rolled-over already :(

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to pay close attention to your retension settings. There are settings to how long the system will save material. I honestly don't remember what the default settings are. It is also possible that the system move the videos out of the "New" folder and put them into a "Saved" folder. I believe that is how the system is set up by default.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Screen shots for BI.

1) Blue Iris Setting about tab (black out your license key)
2) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph,upper left corner) clip storage tab
3) blue Iris status cameras tab
4) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)
5) on two of the camera properties the record tab.