***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch

Redemption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the informative post, it answered many of my questions.

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very informative post thank you.
The main issue I am having is I can't view live stream on the web service for the nvr anymore. Makes it difficult if i want to download any video. I am able to see live feed on the easy view app on my phone just not on the web interface. I can click MS or SB stream and it just shows it buffering. I've tried to only open one up at a time lower my resolution and FR. The next option is probably reset the NVR to default and try over again if i can't figure it out. If you have any clue what might be causing this issue can you help me out. Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 10.12.53 PM.png

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also the default track time on the camera settings is 15 seconds. When I change it on the camera settings to 35 seconds and hit apply and save it always goes back to 15. The only way the settings will change is if I do it on the NVR wonder if they will fix that soon hopefully.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m seeing more reports of folks updating 4.x firmware and having problems with live view.

my advice (ymmv)

1- Dahua can’t find their ass with both hands when it comes to FW upgrades. If everything’s working, don’t update unless an absolute need.
2- so many model numbers folks tend to update to incompatible FW
3- don’t use the NVR for live view as it’s inadequate even when it works. Use SmartPSS for live view, playback, and pulling footage.*

* Don’t however try to use SmarPSS for camera setting changes or event changes or NVR setting changes

-NVR- use this for master recording and network settings
-SmartPSS- use this for live view/playback/pulling footage
-Camera- make ALL image, Event, Exposure, etc changes on the camera itself

Last edited:

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m seeing more reports of folks updating 4.x firmware and having problems with live view.

my advice (ymmv)

1- Dahua can’t find their ass with both hands when it comes to FW upgrades
2- so many model numbers folks tend to update to incompatible FW
3- don’t use the NVR for live view as it’s inadequate even when it works. Use SmartPSS for live view, playback, and pulling footage.*

* Don’t however try to use SmarPSS for camera setting changes or event changes or NVR setting changes

-NVR- use this for master recording and network settings
-SmartPSS- use this for live view/playback/pulling footage
-Camera- make ALL image, Event, Exposure, etc changes on the camera itself
I got the update with the NVR directly from Andy.
Other than live view it works good Auto tracking with the deep ivs is working nice with it. I just have to tinker with the settings a bit to get it how I want. Thanks for the info once again very informative!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Those seem to be 192 addresses for trhe cameras, bypassing the built-in PoE switch? Are they plugged into another switch?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The built-in switch defaults to 10.1.1.x. If you leave the cameras in DHCP they should negotiate a 10.1.1.x address with the NVR automatically...

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The built-in switch defaults to 10.1.1.x. If you leave the cameras in DHCP they should negotiate a 10.1.1.x address with the NVR automatically...
For some reason I deselected virtual host. I reselected it and applied now I am able to go into the camera setting via E button on WebGUI.
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 8.59.23 PM.png

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh, and how can i add a Foscam R2 to the NVR. He sees it in the upper screen but the button on the downscreen stays red.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh, and how can i add a Foscam R2 to the NVR. He sees it in the upper screen but the button on the downscreen stays red.

Just a guess but you want to click on the pencil icon for that camera on the NVR registration page and change the settings there to match the settings on the camera. login/password/onvif etc..

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a guess but you want to click on the pencil icon for that camera on the NVR registration page and change the settings there to match the settings on the camera. login/password/onvif etc..
Yes, changing the password and ports but no connection

icecoffee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Somehow the encode setting on cameras doesn't match on the NVR. What do I missing or do wrong?

20200430_125853.jpg20200430_125903.jpg