PSA: Lorex e891ab does have ONVIF support

VisionxOrb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Couple a months there was some talk about this camera since you can get it at costco but it was believed it would only work with a lorex nvr.
Well I picked one up and it does infact support onvif.
I have it running on my LTS/Hik dvr no issue onvif on port 80. I have everything working except the 2way audio part ( one way mic works fine )

j1a2o

n3wb
Reaction score
Really? I tried plugging one of these cameras directly into my POE switch, and it wasn't picking up an IP from my router. Anything special I need to do?

VisionxOrb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Really? I tried plugging one of these cameras directly into my POE switch, and it wasn't picking up an IP from my router. Anything special I need to do?
I dont think so, I plugged mine into a poe switch, used fing on my phone to scan the network for devices and thier IPs and found the one that it received, then logged in with admin admin ( it made me change password at first login). Then I set a static address outside my dhcp pool and added it to my dvr at port 80 with admin and the password I set and was good to go.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @j1a2o

By defaults the cameras may have a setup ip address.

Did you look at the Cliff Notes on Dahua OEM cameras?

Did you try the Dahau software ConfigTool?

j1a2o

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @j1a2o

By defaults the cameras may have a setup ip address.

Did you look at the Cliff Notes on Dahua OEM cameras?

Did you try the Dahau software ConfigTool?
Hm. The guide says should work. I see the device on my network at that address, but I can't seem to ping or access it with the browser. I wonder if plugging it into the Lorex NVR reconfigured it somehow...

j1a2o

n3wb
Reaction score
Figured it out! Thanks guys. Saved me a big hassle of returning these cameras to Costco!

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Figured it out! Thanks guys. Saved me a big hassle of returning these cameras to Costco!
Hi @j1a2o

Great news, Please do share the solution here so others can learn from your experience.

j1a2o

n3wb
Reaction score
It actually was set to pick up DHCP. I'm not sure why I didn't see it on my router the first time I tried it. But if I went to the Lorex Cloud software and looked under device settings, I could see the camera along with the IP address it picked up. From there, I could log into the camera using the web browser and also verified that I could access the RTSP stream with VLC.

skk85

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone share experiences of e891ab with blueIRIS. I am on the fence between e891ab vs Annke C800

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can anyone share experiences of e891ab with blueIRIS. I am on the fence between e891ab vs Annke C800
E891 seems vastly superior specs wise. Larger sensor for one.

I am actually VERY interested in this cam now. It ticks a lot of boxes for what I want in my 4th cam (overview placement needing 4K and extras like motion lights, intrusion based siren for night etc is all a big plus).

Could the E891 work with Milestone ?