PTZ Controls Nonfunctional

joelscapes

n3wb
Reaction score
Due to a focusing error I deleted and reinstalled a working camera using the same settings, but now none of the PTZ controls work, although the enable box is checked on the PTZ properties screen. Live picture is fine; Network IP is set to: ONVIF (OXML) and preset positions are set. Any ideas why there is no zoom, pan or tilt function? These functions do work, however, using the camera manufacturer's software, though I prefer Blueiris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Due to a focusing error I deleted and reinstalled a working camera using the same settings, but now none of the PTZ controls work, although the enable box is checked on the PTZ properties screen. Live picture is fine; Network IP is set to: ONVIF (OXML) and preset positions are set. Any ideas why there is no zoom, pan or tilt function? These functions do work, however, using the camera manufacturer's software, though I prefer Blueiris.
help us out with the brand.

joelscapes

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, though I just figured out a different brand setting solved the problem.

joelscapes

n3wb
Reaction score
I just joined here, no need for sarcasm. With the original installed software the camera brand was set to generic, which did not inhibit PTZ functions. Camera focus, however, had deteriorated, and it appears that when I reinstalled the program with a newer version my camera brand (NETCAT) was then available, and when camera was switched to this setting the PTZ controls work fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just joined here, no need for sarcasm. With the original installed software the camera brand was set to generic, which did not inhibit PTZ functions. Camera focus, however, had deteriorated, and it appears that when I reinstalled the program with a newer version my camera brand (NETCAT) was then available, and when camera was switched to this setting the PTZ controls work fine.
The fact that you just joined is irrelevant....unless this is the first time you have ever asked for help, you should know that its important to give basic information so that others can help you.