PTZ controls suddenly stopped working

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Camera is a Dahua SD4A425DB-HNY. PTX controls were working fine yesterday. Today I get no response. I changed nothing but went thru all the settings anyway and found nothing amiss. I've rebooted the camera and server and nothing changed. PTZ still not working.

PTZ in the camera itself works like it should so apparently the problem is with Blue Iris. Any assistance mucho appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Of course it did LOL.

The question is what changed to cause that to happen? Are you on auto-update and BI updated? Did you hit the find/inspect and BI changed the protocol?

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
9/17 was the last update so that wasn't it. As for making changes, I haven't even opened BI in a couple of weeks so no changes made. In troubleshooting I did reload Blue Iris.reg which was a month or so old and that had no effect other than that to invalidate my license :)mad: why does it do this?). So I'm at a loss to explain it. I don't think I ever messed with the PTZ tab.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is strange. Let's blame time change LOL

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm... My SD4A425DB-HNY also seems to have stopped working within the last day or so. No update to BI or cam firmware. I also started to get the Events: subscription 8000ffff error around the same time (looks to have happened at 10:04 pm yesterday). Previously using ONVIF for PTZ. Changing to Dahau V4 does work.

ETA: Disabled ONVIF authentication and set PTZ back to ONVIF (OXML) and it works again. So does seem related to that same ONVIF/time change thing as discussed in another thread.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe cross-threading with the issues some were experiencing (like you) with the time change?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, seems so. I just added a post there re this. I didn't have the error at first. Just noticed that it started last night when I checked my PTZ after reading this.

Another older PTZ using ONVIF for PTZ control didn't have the same problem. Continued to work fine with no ONVIF errors.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I discovered 3 different Dahua models lost PTZ function during the night. All use the newer WEB GUI. The older ones did not seem to be affected.
Thanks wittaj for the V4 tip as that put them back in operation.

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm also having the same issue with my Dahua SD49225T-HN PTZ.

The PTZ controls in Blue Iris have been working flawlessly since day one and were working this morning, but for some reason they no longer work when I tried again later today. BI hasn't updated itself and no settings have been changed, so I'm unsure why it's suddenly stopped working. I updated BI to the latest version (5.8.5.3) to see if that fixed the problem without any luck.

The camera is using "Dahua New V5" in the PTZ/control settings, however I tried all the other Dahua entries in there without any luck as well (Dahua New V4 etc etc)

I've also tried rebooting / restarting the camera and BI

The PTZ controls for the camera all work as they should when logging into the camera via a web browser.

Any assistance or ideas to try and resolve this issue would be much appreciated.

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What a timely post! One of my PTZ's quite working a few days ago and I screwed around with BI but didn't make any progress. Changing PTZ from Dahua V5 to V4 fixed it right up.

Thanks.

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Typically, V4 works best.

I would delete the PTZ from BI, then re add it from scratch, don't import any saved reg files.
Thanks for the suggestion - I tried this but it didn't change anything. It appears that changing to V4 has worked for everyone else but me.

I'm not sure if it means anything, but I did notice when I went to add the camera back in on the 'Camera Discovery' section it didn't detect the camera when searching for it. I manually added the IP address for the camera.

FYI - Below are the settings I currently have for the camera on the PTZ / control page in BI.

PTZ settings.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion - I tried this but it didn't change anything. It appears that changing to V4 has worked for everyone else but me.

I'm not sure if it means anything, but I did notice when I went to add the camera back in on the 'Camera Discovery' section it didn't detect the camera when searching for it. I manually added the IP address for the camera.

FYI - Below are the settings I currently have for the camera on the PTZ / control page in BI.

View attachment 184535
That shouldn't matter as it is best to type in the IP address, username, and password of the camera and then hit the Find/Inspect key and let BI pull up the proper protocol that way. I have never used the Camera Discovery.

Post a screenshot of what is hows on the pop up window after you hit find/inspect.

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That shouldn't matter as it is best to type in the IP address, username, and password of the camera and then hit the Find/Inspect key and let BI pull up the proper protocol that way. I have never used the Camera Discovery.

Post a screenshot of what is hows on the pop up window after you hit find/inspect.
Screen shot as requested.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK it didn't find the camera properly.

For some reason these devices keep users and ONVIF users as separate and if the password doesn't match in the ONVIF manager list (which happens frequently when people start changing passwords), then the cameras cannot be "seen". Or sometimes the firmware just goes wonky.

Log into the Camera GUI and under users you will see a tab called ONVIF User or ONVIF Manager or something like that.

Select it and then change the admin password for the ONVIF user to match your new password.

Or simply create a new user and password in ONVIF user and use that.