PTZ Ip Cam Fails to stream video after power outage but PTZ works - please help!

Igroup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have a few of Mini IP PTZ HD cams, no name, with the following specs:

Kernel: Linux 2.6.18_arm_v5t_le
File System Version: TS48W-ONVIF-P2P V2.5.1.5 build 2014-08-21 19:49:17

It's some type of IPC, with TPSEE firmware / hardware ? I got them from AliExpress about a year ago.

They work good, I do like them. They run on UC2 PC software and I was able to set the to work with BlueIris just fine.

The problem:

After a power outage, all cameras came back online except one. I plugged / unplug power to it, nothing. Change power adapters - nothing.
Basically, the camera appears on the software, but there is no image. PTZ works, the night infrared don't light up. I can access the camera settings from any of the software, or the web page, I checked all ports, everything. No image at all.
I reset factory defaults, changed ports, connect directly to it, still no image, only PTZ functions work.

Any ideas, any help? I burned a module or something? Appreciate all the help / ideas!

Thank you!

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could this have been the result of a power surge when the power went out and came back on? So you are saying that you can control the PTZ motion, either through the camera web interface or BI/software, and the camera physically moves, you just aren't getting the video feed?

Igroup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes, ptz works fine. So does any other settings from the camera through the software. It's on the network, responds fine to ping. But no video feed. It's too cold now to take it down and mess with it inside. Is it possible that camera sensor just went dead?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes, ptz works fine. So does any other settings from the camera through the software. It's on the network, responds fine to ping. But no video feed. It's too cold now to take it down and mess with it inside. Is it possible that camera sensor just went dead?
Its possible that any one of the electronic components is now experiencing a problem that would cause a lack of video out after a power surge. Without taking it down and troubleshooting it with "hands on" it's going to be difficult to tell exactly what it might be. Have you attempted to reset back to factory from the web UI? I can't imagine you can make things any worse at this point.

Igroup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes. It's been reset to defaults, also I've upgrade the firmware. Well, I'll take it down as soon as warms up outside, I will know more then.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you upgrade the firmware before or after it was having a problem with video not displaying?

Igroup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After power failure, I did some tests... All softwares display "no video" but I can access all camera functions. Network works fine, I tried changing the power adapter, no results. I changed ports, port fowarding changed, no firewall, nothing happened. I do have 3 other cameras the same that work just fine.
So, I did a factory reset, still no change. I did after that a firmware upgrade, successful but still no video. I don't know what else to try before taking it down and taking it apart. I will try in the weekend to climb a ladder to see if zoom works (try to watch the lens) - if that works, means power to the camera is there but ....