Ptz mount screws how to fit

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi,
I've just bought a wall mount (ds-1602zj) for a ptz camera and it has come with some weird type of screws I've never seen before. I was hoping for some help on how to install the screws into the wall, the manual that comes with is useless. Please see below for a pic of the screws.
thanks20170126_015529.jpg 20170126_015505.jpg

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like a wall anchor, drill a hole, put the tube in, put the screw in and it spreads the ends with the slits apart to hold it in, probably fire brick or something

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

spencnor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi,
I've just bought a wall mount (ds-1602zj) for a ptz camera and it has come with some weird type of screws I've never seen before. I was hoping for some help on how to install the screws into the wall, the manual that comes with is useless. Please see below for a pic of the screws.
thanksView attachment 14488 View attachment 14489
That's an anchor generally used for masonry or concrete. Note the tapered end of the screw/bolt. You drill the masonry or concrete to the diameter of the sleeve. Then insert the sleeve into the drilled hole. As you tighten the nut the tapered end is drawn up into the sleeve thereby expanding and locking in the sleeve. Of course, you don't use this if you are not mounting to masonry or concrete.

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys, really appreciate the help.

In the pic below, does the nut go on the outside of the bracket and the other two washers (not sure of the correct name) go behind the bracket (if that makes sense)

Attachments

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In reference to the above post, what I meant was like the pics below. Out of the two pics which is the correct way. Thanks

20170126_022544.jpg 20170126_022501.jpg

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just tried them both ways again and think the way in the first pic is correct. Cheers everyone

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
stud -> mount -> flat washer -> locking washer -> nut.

this is correct:

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
stud -> mount -> flat washer -> locking washer -> nut.

this is correct:
Cheers, I'll try it again that way (I haven't actually started fitting it yet, just playing around with the stuff as it is)

spencnor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In reference to the above post, what I meant was like the pics below. Out of the two pics which is the correct way. Thanks

View attachment 14491 View attachment 14492
#2 with the washers on top of your bracket. Therefore, this means the bracket mounting hole size should be a little bit larger than the diameter of the sleeve anchor. So use your bracket to lay out all your hole locations and then drill your holes in the mansonry/concrete to the appropriate depth. Then, hold your bracket in place and insert all the sleeve anchors. Finally, tighten all the nuts in place.

There are many types of masonry and concrete anchors. It might be easier in this case to use plastic anchors with screws. Or use concrete screws like Tapcons.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
protip: throw every anchor you receive with any product right into the garbage bin; from kids toys to 100inch televisions... then go buy some quality ones form your LHS.

Chinese anchors are made of cast aluminum from unwashed soda cans pulled out of the sewer canals.. you'll be lucky to get em into cardboard before they fail.

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
protip: throw every anchor you receive with any product right into the garbage bin; from kids toys to 100inch televisions... then go buy some quality ones form your LHS.

Chinese anchors are made of cast aluminum from unwashed soda cans pulled out of the sewer canals.. you'll be lucky to get em into cardboard before they fail.
That is very true, didn't think to buy replacement screws, thanks for the reminder :)

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Apologies in advance for asking questions that may seem stupid, but would the following screws be a good replacement for ones that came with the mount? Also if the one in the pic below are good, would I then need to get a lock washer as well? Thanks

Btw I'm going to be fitting the mount onto a brick wall if that makes any difference

Screenshot_20170126-035108.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whats your surface? How much does your camera weigh w/mount?

If your on wood/vynil siding just use lag bolts and predrill em so you dont split your lumber.. if your on concrete/maisonry it really depends on construction.. some u might get spring loaded ones that pop open inside a cavity if there is one.. others might just go right into the facade or be ramset

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whats your surface? How much does your camera weigh w/mount?

If your on wood/vynil siding just use lag bolts and predrill em so you dont split your lumber.. if your on concrete/maisonry it really depends on construction.. cinder block u can get spring loaded ones in for example.. but those kind I never really been fond of.
Masonry and the camera weighs around 10kg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ah yeah with that heavy id not use a tapcon or ramset, yeah those wedge anchors going to be your best bet.. make sure they not longer than you bricks are thick.

for your conduit you can put in basic screw anchors in the grouting and just fly along.. but the camera should be secured to the bricks not the grout.

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks dude, I've found some other screws that says they're good for high load bearing (might be OTT but rather be safe than sorry right)

Screenshot_20170126-040500.jpg

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Clean the hole out before you install the anchor. Be careful the hole doesn't end up too oversized and make sure the screws are made of metals that are appropriate for outdoor use.

Nick87080

n3wb
Reaction score
Be careful when you are trying to set these anchors, most bricks and block walls have voids, when you tighten your anchor it will not work because it doesnt have enough material to grip and secure itself. Its a pain in the ass... you may need different types of screws depending on what you hit as you drill. Always start with a small pilot hole, you can always go bigger but can't go smaller.....

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Be careful when you are trying to set these anchors, most bricks and block walls have voids, when you tighten your anchor it will not work because it doesnt have enough material to grip and secure itself. Its a pain in the ass... you may need different types of screws depending on what you hit as you drill. Always start with a small pilot hole, you can always go bigger but can't go smaller.....
Funnily enough I've been trying to fit the bracket today and have been having so many difficulties with the sleeve anchors. Gave up for today as I had a headache lol. Any help is appreciated, I'm trying to install it on a brick wall if that helps