PTZ SD5A425XA-HNR

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for tagging me in @wittaj. @Nunofya you are good with the 5A425, that had (and still does) Auto Tracking from the factory so you would be good there. The 49225 S2 you definitely want to stay away from as this one (as I mentioned in my other threads) will have NO auto tracking nor can it be re-enabled. So if you go for a 5A425 (not 49225) now you will be ok. Alternatively though, I expect to see some other updates to the PTZ lines this year so if you're not in a rush, I would wait it out a few months and certainly by mid this year expect there to be some refreshed PTZ models that may be worth looking at. Let me know with any other questions

HTH

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for tagging me in @wittaj. @Nunofya you are good with the 5A425, that had (and still does) Auto Tracking from the factory so you would be good there. The 49225 S2 you definitely want to stay away from as this one (as I mentioned in my other threads) will have NO auto tracking nor can it be re-enabled. So if you go for a 5A425 (not 49225) now you will be ok. Alternatively though, I expect to see some other updates to the PTZ lines this year so if you're not in a rush, I would wait it out a few months and certainly by mid this year expect there to be some refreshed PTZ models that may be worth looking at. Let me know with any other questions

HTH
Thanks man. Like the YouTube videos. Plan on subscribing.

Longview

n3wb
Reaction score
LJW2K set my Auto Track camera in little to no time. He is VERY knowledgable! I get snapshots from the autotracking (done by camera) but where do I view the video on the DHI-NVR5216-16P-I NVR connected to it?

There is a video search, and an AI search? The AI search shows a few auto tracking video clips but sais unavailable when trying to view them. The Video Search shows no events.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
LJW2K set my Auto Track camera in little to no time. He is VERY knowledgable! I get snapshots from the autotracking (done by camera) but where do I view the video on the DHI-NVR5216-16P-I NVR connected to it?

There is a video search, and an AI search? The AI search shows a few auto tracking video clips but sais unavailable when trying to view them. The Video Search shows no events.
Regular Search is used for things like Motion Detection and IVS rule trip footage while AI Search is used for footage captured by AI functions like ANPR, Face Detection, SMD etc