PTZ with presets , working in Blue Iris

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greetings,

Long time ago I had 2 foscam ptz cameras and BI version3. Since my internet is quite slow the ptz controls were lagging a lot in bue iris , and almost not usable.
I have now only Dahua and Hikvisions turret cameras and very happy with them , also version 4 with blue iris now.

I am looking for a good quality ptz camera , but with presets this time, since the lag will be too much to controll the camera remotely I would like to have presets , 4 or 5 will be fine , which I can use in Blue iris.

Is there something out there for me , and does the preset option work with these cameras in Blue iris?

Many thanks,
Cor

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings,

Long time ago I had 2 foscam ptz cameras and BI version3. Since my internet is quite slow the ptz controls were lagging a lot in bue iris , and almost not usable.
I have now only Dahua and Hikvisions turret cameras and very happy with them , also version 4 with blue iris now.

I am looking for a good quality ptz camera , but with presets this time, since the lag will be too much to controll the camera remotely I would like to have presets , 4 or 5 will be fine , which I can use in Blue iris.

Is there something out there for me , and does the preset option work with these cameras in Blue iris?

Many thanks,
Cor
Lots of them out there.
Here is one: Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)
Lots of PTZ's choices at http://www.dahuasecurity.com/

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cool thanks, than I will order this one.

Cor

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That' appears to be a knockoff, not a real Dahua, and for $72, you're going to be very disappointed in that cam.
If you can't find the "exact" model number on the international dahua site, avoid.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, you,re right.

I ordered now a Dahua with 4x optimal zoom and ptz. 2mp, something like 116usd.

Thanks,
Cor