Public Cams/Earth Cams

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can BI add a Public Webcam or EarthCam stream to the program?

If so, is there a FAQ?

Thnaks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just like any other cam...If you know the rtsp stream you can..If it's embedded in a webpage.. Likely not.

SamSpade

n3wb
Reaction score
Info for this is in the BI help file.

Care to say where in the help file, or what terms to search on? I searched on web cam and RTSP feed and didn't come up with anything related to viewing remote cams in BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Care to say where in the help file, or what terms to search on? I searched on web cam and RTSP feed and didn't come up with anything related to viewing remote cams in BI.
its in blue iris server...there is a question mark and each window has a help button.

SamSpade

n3wb
Reaction score
I wasn't asking where IS the help file. I was asking where IN the help file is the information about setting up Public Webcams or EarthCams. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't asking where IS the help file. I was asking where IN the help file is the information about setting up Public Webcams or EarthCams. Thanks.
Its just like any other camera...if the public webcam provides an rtsp or mjpeg stream you can do it...you would set it up exactly as you would a local camera except enter the remote ip address.