Purchase?

pammyt

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I've tried blue iris and although I'm not happy with some aspects of it, it's about all there is out there. So I decided to purchase a licence.
I clicked on purchase and to my surprise, the GBP amount for $29.95 was £31.72!
This is not right, so I went on to XE.com, the most accurate currency converter and sure enough $29.95 = £23.87.
This amounts to an extra $9.85.
Why? Why should I have to pay nearly another $10 to buy the software. Perhaps someone can explain.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, I've tried blue iris and although I'm not happy with some aspects of it, it's about all there is out there. So I decided to purchase a licence.
I clicked on purchase and to my surprise, the GBP amount for $29.95 was £31.72!
This is not right, so I went on to XE.com, the most accurate currency converter and sure enough $29.95 = £23.87.
This amounts to an extra $9.85.
Why? Why should I have to pay nearly another $10 to buy the software. Perhaps someone can explain.
There are lots of other options out there besides blue iris, you just dont want to pay :).
Make sure you uncheck the extra backup option put there by the store front...you also should buy the full version not the lite version..
I suggest you look for free alternatives like milestone (up to 8 cams) lest you end up in the poorhouse.

pammyt

n3wb
Reaction score
There are lots of other options out there besides blue iris, you just dont want to pay :).
Make sure you uncheck the extra backup option put there by the store front...you also should buy the full version not the lite version..
I suggest you look for free alternatives like milestone (up to 8 cams) lest you end up in the poorhouse.
as stated in the post, I am happy to pay, however, I don't understand why I'm being asked to pay more that the advertised price. If I didn't want to pay, there are enough free ones out there.........................

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
as stated in the post, I am happy to pay, however, I don't understand why I'm being asked to pay more that the advertised price. If I didn't want to pay, there are enough free ones out there.........................
I explained why..uncheck the backup option which is worthless or buy from another source

Defog

n3wb
Reaction score
or use a proxy and check. You may be getting hit with some kinda premium. When shopping I often switch around vpn to get the best price in case regional penalties are randomly applied without regard to actual currency conversion.