Purchasing in Canada?

AndrewMRI

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I think I will be going the Blue Iris + refurb desktop route and maybe 2-4 cameras for my house. BI and the computer I can easily acquire, but I'm having some difficulty locating and understanding the cameras.

Here's where I'd be placing the cameras.

Camera 1 (definite): facing backyard from house (30-40 feet to fence)
Camera 2 (definite): at front as doorcam, not much range needed here. Local City law states cameras cannot view the sidewalk. Goal is to just identify people at the door and record/deter package thieves
Camera 3 (possible): in back of garage, facing garage door
Camera 4 (possible): at end of yard, facing back of the house (opposite Camera 1)

I believe either of these two from Andy would probably be good for me.

IPC-T5241H-AS-PV (Amazon.com : Loryta IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 3.6 mm Fixed Lens 2MP WDR IR Eyeball AI Network Camera English Version : Camera & Photo)
IPC-T2431T-AS (Amazon.com : Loryta IPC-T2431T-AS 4MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera 2.8mm Fixed Lens English Version : Camera & Photo)

However, I am confused about the T preceding the numbers. Are these the same cameras as the ones that I've linked from ebay below? I have read the wiki and I understand the Dahua naming convention. HDW is High Definition Fixed IR Dome, and AS is Audio + SD Card, but what is T, is that just OEM vs branded labeling? and what about the PV and S2 at the end of the models? Doesn't seem to be any documentation on those.

IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV (ebay.ca)
IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2 (ebay.ca)

After much lurking and reading here, I would like to support Andy but unfortunately they are not available on Amazon.ca and the US pricing on Amazon.com just doesn't convert at all anywhere close to the Canadian pricing on ebay.ca so I'd end up paying nearly double for each camera. The ebay links both claim the firmware is upgradeable but they are coming from China, am I safe to buy those ones or should they be avoided?

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These are unbranded dahua cameras. I believe that Andy changes the model number a little so as to not have problems with Amazon. There have been posts about this previously, that explains why.

You can also purchase directly from Andy via email. kingsecurity2014@163.com.

AndrewMRI

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you.

I will contact Andy directly to try that way.

Does that also mean that these ebay models (and Andy's) are the 'real' ones, and not the cheaper ones alternative ones with limited/no firmware upgrades like some other variants of the 4431 that I read about here?

IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV (ebay.ca)
IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2 (ebay.ca)

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Correct.
I'm not far from you in K/W area. A year ago I purchased 3 cameras from Andy on a Friday, and they showed up the following Tuesday. Email him direct.