Push Alert Server Error 12007

MR F

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with Push Alerts to Mobile. I get a Server error 12007.

I have the latest updates for both my phone and the server.
I'm using a VPN to connect to my home network.
I have the LAN and the WAN addresses for the server set to the Servers IP Address.
I can access both the BI web interface and the app from my phone.

I recently updated the server, it had an old version from early 2018. On that version the push notifications also didn't work. It said alert sent to one phone. But, the notification never showed up on my phone.

The BI app on my android phone is set to allow notifications.

What am I missing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with Push Alerts to Mobile. I get a Server error 12007.

I have the latest updates for both my phone and the server.
I'm using a VPN to connect to my home network.
I have the LAN and the WAN addresses for the server set to the Servers IP Address.
I can access both the BI web interface and the app from my phone.

I recently updated the server, it had an old version from early 2018. On that version the push notifications also didn't work. It said alert sent to one phone. But, the notification never showed up on my phone.

The BI app on my android phone is set to allow notifications.

What am I missing?

do you have the phone checked off on the mobile tab in blue iris options?

MR F

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks federman, but this did not help.

I have blocked my cameras LAN from communicating with any of my other LANs and my WAN.

If I set my firewall to allow any any, then my notification goes through. Anyone know which port I have to unblock? And which network it would be going through?

I'm using OpenVPN so my phone should appear as it is on the same network as the blue iris server. But it is somehow getting blocked.

I'm using PFSense

Reaction score
I'm using PFSense
woohoo something I might be able to help on!

*Beware* if your pfSense has a limited local write disk/card/USB drive you will want to turn logging BACK OFF after you figure out the problem, or setup a syslogd server and log the thousands of probes you get every hour for a real eye opener!

Under Firewall > Rules > "Log packets that are handled by this rule" for each rule on your LAN interface that's trying to send an alert out.
Under Status > System Logs > Firewall you should be able to see the logged events. It's been a minute so I cant recall the log format you see, but you are looking for originating TCP/Port, Destination TCP/Port and whether the firewall BLOCKED or PASSED the packet.

MR F

n3wb
Reaction score
woohoo something I might be able to help on!

*Beware* if your pfSense has a limited local write disk/card/USB drive you will want to turn logging BACK OFF after you figure out the problem, or setup a syslogd server and log the thousands of probes you get every hour for a real eye opener!

Under Firewall > Rules > "Log packets that are handled by this rule" for each rule on your LAN interface that's trying to send an alert out.
Under Status > System Logs > Firewall you should be able to see the logged events. It's been a minute so I cant recall the log format you see, but you are looking for originating TCP/Port, Destination TCP/Port and whether the firewall BLOCKED or PASSED the packet.
Thank you for this! This is really helpful!

Unfortunately all I am getting is DNS requests blocked to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Nothing else.

I wonder if the program searches for connectivity to the DNS server or something before trying to send the notifications.

MR F

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured it out by allowing any 443 connections then watching the states.

I found two states connected and added them both as allow rules. I then logged the rules to see which was the one responsible.

I found out I had to allow IP address 172.217.6.10

For future reference I added an allow rule shown below. I added this on my camera network rules.

Allow [blue iris server IP]->172.217.6.10 port 443

EDIT: This didn't work. It only allowed the test alert to come through. The actual alerts are not coming through.

Last edited:

MR F

n3wb
Reaction score
The IP address of the server that Blue Iris uses for push notifications is constantly changing.

Is there any risk of allowing all outbound port 443 connections on the Blue Iris Server?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The IP address of the server that Blue Iris uses for push notifications is constantly changing.

Is there any risk of allowing all outbound port 443 connections on the Blue Iris Server?

You must allow outbound connections or there is no way for the push notification to be sent.
There is no risk in allowing it unless you suspect the blue iris developer has gone rouge.