Pushover snapshots from Frigate via nodered?

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can't for the life of me get frigate mqtt topic 'frigate/living/person/snapshot' in nodered to send the snapshot to my pushover api (without using homassistant)

I've used telegram in nodered for ages and get snaphots but want to use the same method to send to my pushover.

Same flow just sends a buffer load of digits. Tried scouring the internet and trying various conversions to noavail.

Can anyone suggest a fairly simple nodered flow from frigate mqtt to send the alert snapshots to pushover?

Thanks

Vault

n3wb
Reaction score
I've installed Pushover on my Android device to try this out and managed to get notifications using Pushover.

Installed this node in NodeRed: node-red-node-pushover

In order to get the Pushover node to work you need to fill your ID and API Key.
This Pushover node consumes msg.payload and msg.attachment in this case;
  • msg.payload will be the text on notification
  • msg.attachment will need to be the buffer

So test it by making a flow as this:
MQTT Message received -> change/set msg object (payload and attachment keys) -> Pushover.

Import the following and adjust to your needs:
JSON:
[{"id":"a5b8c1abeb9fdaf7","type":"pushover","z":"57c9442f.5ad0cc","name":"","device":"","title":"","priority":0,"sound":"","url":"","url_title":"","html":false,"x":600,"y":1860,"wires":[]},{"id":"6e9f61ddbf89fc42","type":"mqtt in","z":"57c9442f.5ad0cc","name":"MQTT Topic","topic":"frigate/living/person/snapshot","qos":"2","datatype":"auto-detect","broker":"f86807a.9e6ecf8","nl":false,"rap":true,"rh":0,"inputs":0,"x":250,"y":1860,"wires":[["d0dda46c37c4c279"]]},{"id":"d0dda46c37c4c279","type":"change","z":"57c9442f.5ad0cc","name":"Prepare Message","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"attachment","pt":"msg","to":"payload","tot":"msg"},{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"Caption Text","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":430,"y":1860,"wires":[["a5b8c1abeb9fdaf7"]]},{"id":"f86807a.9e6ecf8","type":"mqtt-broker","name":"MQTT Broker","broker":"192.168.1.1","port":"1883","clientid":"","autoConnect":true,"usetls":false,"protocolVersion":"3","keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"autoUnsubscribe":true,"birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthPayload":"","birthMsg":{},"closeTopic":"","closeQos":"0","closePayload":"","closeMsg":{},"willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willPayload":"","willMsg":{},"userProps":"","sessionExpiry":""}]
Make sure to set your MQTT broker and API keys correctly.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've installed Pushover on my Android device to try this out and managed to get notifications using Pushover.

MQTT Message received -> change/set msg object (payload and attachment keys) -> Pushover.

JSON:
[{"id":"a5b8c1abeb9fdaf7","type":"pushover","z":"57c9442f.5ad0cc","name":"","device":"","title":"","priority":0,"sound":"","url":"","url_title":"","html":false,"x":600,"y":1860,"wires":[]},{"id":"6e9f61ddbf89fc42","type":"mqtt in","z":"57c9442f.5ad0cc","name":"MQTT Topic","topic":"frigate/living/person/snapshot","qos":"2","datatype":"auto-detect","broker":"f86807a.9e6ecf8","nl":false,"rap":true,"rh":0,"inputs":0,"x":250,"y":1860,"wires":[["d0dda46c37c4c279"]]},{"id":"d0dda46c37c4c279","type":"change","z":"57c9442f.5ad0cc","name":"Prepare Message","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"attachment","pt":"msg","to":"payload","tot":"msg"},{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"Caption Text","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":430,"y":1860,"wires":[["a5b8c1abeb9fdaf7"]]},{"id":"f86807a.9e6ecf8","type":"mqtt-broker","name":"MQTT Broker","broker":"192.168.1.1","port":"1883","clientid":"","autoConnect":true,"usetls":false,"protocolVersion":"3","keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"autoUnsubscribe":true,"birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthPayload":"","birthMsg":{},"closeTopic":"","closeQos":"0","closePayload":"","closeMsg":{},"willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willPayload":"","willMsg":{},"userProps":"","sessionExpiry":""}]
Perfect I'll give this a go later thanks. Yes I had all the keys/mqtt set up etc- but had issues with the payload and buffer encoding part. I'll have have a look at your json and adjust.

Many thanks

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

JSON:
Awesome!! You hero!

Spent hours and hours trying to get that to work!! Snaphots coming in as expected.