Putting Camouflage Tape On My Dahua 5442E-ZE Camera

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes, for swaying the wind, you may find it helpful to adjust BI's 'reset motion detection' in the trigger/object-tracking page...
Or you use the human and vehicle AI in the camera itself and have BI pull the ONVIF triggers and then no problem since you are not using BI motion detection!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting thing is that my wife has been out of town for a couple of days while I have been doing this installation. I want to see how long it takes before she notices the camera. :D
Oh, if she's like mine, she may not notice the camera right away but she will notice you've been working on something but NOT on the "Honey-Do" list! :rolleyes:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, this project is now going full speed ahead. The Cat6 burial cable came in. I was worried about my RJ-45 connectors working with the 23AWG solid core copper wire and this cable. No problem at all. Worked as easy as my Monoprice Cat6 cable. I had seen where people had all kinds of problems. The gel was a concern for some as it was very messy. I used a decal remover/paint thinner and a rag to remove the gel without any problems. I took a picture of the completed end that will go to the camera. Now to dig a ditch and get this thing going. Here is a picture which includes my Klein pass through Cat6 RJ-45 connector. I also put the camouflage duct tape on my camera mounting brackets so that everything is now camouflaged. :)

100_1764.JPG

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing to add besides great job and taking the time to share with the members.

BTW: What kind of tree is the camera sitting in?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing to add besides great job and taking the time to share with the members.

BTW: What kind of tree is the camera sitting in?
Not sure on the tree outside of it being a pine tree. Maybe a Monterey Pine Tree? It was there when we bought the house in 1977.