Q-See Closing Doors Jan 31st 2021 No More Remote Viewing, Options to fix

deja vous

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. I'll investigate.

To clarify: the camera works fine w/ DMSS, Smart PSS when physically connected w/ ethernet. But can't function w/ wireless because I am not able to view/edit the Wifi settings. Ethernet not practical for where I want to place the camera.

Tried http/port 85 web interface; doesn't work for this Wifi camera.

Surprised Smart PSS or Config Tool does not have an option to view/edit Wifi settings. I guess it was created primarily for DVRs/NVRs? Haven't tried Blue Iris, will take a look at that.

Last edited:

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What browser are you using? Works best for me on interne explorer, old version. I only keep it installed for this one use. Sometime chrome will work but I can't see the feed and don't want to install the codec. But I don't need to see i, I just need to change the settings.

I have two Q-see wifi cameras I needed to factory reset last week. I did as mentioned earlier and got them setup. Went and installed them but they didn't work. I realized I forgot to set the wifi up. I had to go unmount them and start over but they work now.

deja vous

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks. tried internet explorer (windows 10), edge browser, chrome, safari.

all give me the same HTTP 404 Not Found error

checked the firmware version (via config tool), its running V2.621

What browser are you using? Works best for me on interne explorer, old version. I only keep it installed for this one use. Sometime chrome will work but I can't see the feed and don't want to install the codec. But I don't need to see i, I just need to change the settings.

I have two Q-see wifi cameras I needed to factory reset last week. I did as mentioned earlier and got them setup. Went and installed them but they didn't work. I realized I forgot to set the wifi up. I had to go unmount them and start over but they work now.

deja vous

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I installed Blue Iris (demo version).

Picked the Q-See, QC model. Though actually it's a QCW model (but model not listed).

Based on configuration settings, I don't see any options to view/edit the WiFi settings.

Am I screwed?

Screenshot 2021-02-21 130227.png
Screenshot 2021-02-21 130201.png

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't believe you can do it in BI. Only in the camera config screen. But then again I've only been using BI for a few weeks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blue Iris only takes the video stream and records - it does not interact with the camera in any manner to change camera settings. That has to be within the camera itself...

MGP

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, OpenVPN on your router allows you to access your cameras from outside your home network without the security risks you have had with P2P or port forwarding or however else Q-see was doing it.

Do a search here for how to setup OpenVPN. It is simple, but we make it way more difficult than it needs to be lol. And do not like at paid VPN as that isn't what you want.

I was there too once with VPN...tried to do all this research to find directions and got to the point I just enabled it and kinda of followed what it was asking and it worked.

Just go to OpenVPN and enable it and see what it says - probably asks you to create a user/PW, DDNS name, encryption method, and create certificate. Then email that certificate to you and save the certificate on your mobile device. Then install the OpenVPN app and select the certificate and then connect and you are on your home network.

It really is simpler than our minds make it out to be.

This kinda helped me too:

I would like to get more info on this.... can you email me to answer questions?? I would appreciate it!

Mgpsea@cox.net

smheup

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I have a QC 894 NVR
QC894 - 4 Channel 1080P NVR

Overview

QC Series – QC894 NVR
1080P @ 30FPS, 720P @ 30 FPS, H.264, 4 Channel PoE (Power Over Ethernet), Motion Detection

, looking for an economical replacement that will reuse the 4 current cameras
IPC-HFW4431S
4MP WDR IR Mini Bullet Network Camera
1/3” 4Megapixel progressive scan CMOS
H.265&H.264 triple-stream encoding
25/30fps@4M(2688 x 1520)
Smart Detection supported
WDR(120dB), Day/Night(ICR), 3DNR,AWB,AGC,BLC
Multiple network monitoring: Web viewer, CMS(DSS/PSS) & DMSS
2.8mm fixed lens (3.6mm, 6mm optional)
Max. IR LEDs Length 30m
IP67, PoE
1614277166799.png
and support remote viewing to send push notifications to my android phone, any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Kkroadie

n3wb
Reaction score
So if they have shit off the servers why are both of my QTView apps still working? (One is local but the other one is 144 miles away on a different network).

David150

n3wb
Reaction score
I seriously need help guys.

Like most of the folks here, one day I found my Q-See QC View app no longer working so I searched for alternative ways to keep using the app.

What worked for me has already been mentioned by others in this thread, I used the NVR's IP address and port 37777 to add cameras to the Q-See View app and everything worked perfectly, I was able to view 4 of my cameras on the Q-Seee QC View app again.

Today I learned that this method only works on LAN, which means your phone has to be on the wifi. If I turn my wifi off, or view the app from somewhere else, it will not work.

So I followed the instructions provided by Q-See, by enabling the DMZ setting on the router for NVR's IP address and then add cameras to the app using router's public IP address and port 37777 this time. It worked, I tested it with wifi off my phone and I was able to stream it from the app. However, now I can only see 1 of the 4 cameras.

Does anyone know why is that? I can't figure out what's wrong. It's weird that when adding the device on the app, if I use NVR' IP address and port 37777, it will show all 4 cameras (and wifi only). However, if I use router's public IP address and port 37777 only 1 camera is viewable (works remotely). Can anyone tell me what can be done to view 4 cameras remotely?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@David150 Get that NVR out of the DMZ! Use a VPN instead, a VPN for inbound connections not the type that hides your surfing on the internet. Using an inbound VPN makes your phone work exactly as if it is on your local LAN. Having the NVR in a DMZ is asking to get hacked.

VPN Primer

alexj

n3wb
Reaction score
Get that NVR out of the DMZ! Use a VPN instead, a VPN for inbound connections not the type that hides your surfing on the internet.

VPN Primer
Are all 4 connected to your nvr hard wire in the back via POE connection or are some through wifi? What model NVR?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@alexj It doesn't matter how the cameras are physically connected to the LAN or the NVR. What matters is getting the phone to appear to be connected to the LAN when it is roaming and not on WiFi which is what a VPN will do without exposing the NVR, cameras or anything else to the internet.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a dangerous way to expose an NVR that clearly is not going to be getting any security updates. But regardless, I would think it is an issue with one of the settings in the camera ports.

Do as others here have done and set up OpenVPN...

iterich

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. I'll investigate.

To clarify: the camera works fine w/ DMSS, Smart PSS when physically connected w/ ethernet. But can't function w/ wireless because I am not able to view/edit the Wifi settings. Ethernet not practical for where I want to place the camera.

Tried http/port 85 web interface; doesn't work for this Wifi camera.

Surprised Smart PSS or Config Tool does not have an option to view/edit Wifi settings. I guess it was created primarily for DVRs/NVRs? Haven't tried Blue Iris, will take a look at that.
If your camera is a QCW use the Q-See QC View app to configure the WiFi settings. Just make sure you are on the 2.4 GHz network if your camera only supports 2.4 GHz.

Now I have to figure out what the default password is for my QCW2MP camera, if anyone knows please reply.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had one of these. There is no default password. Once one logged into the camera the first time it required you to create one. Now if you reset you will be prompted to initialize and create one. Use config tool which will open the settings in a browser window.

deja vous

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried 3 approached (all failed):

approach 1: registered the device via ethernet. then use QC view to change wifi settings. looked under "Device Mgmt", "Remove Config", "Alarm Out", "Hardware Mgmt" -- there is no option to view/change the WiFi settings. please tell me if I am missing something.

approach 2: register the device via wifi using QC view app. (note: i have to scan the serial number). using the 'cuckoo' noise. never successfully connects.

approach 3: register the device via wifi using QC view app, but with the ethernet cable connected. (note: i have to scan the serial number). it seems to register correctly, but when i disconnected the ethernet cable, the camera does not connect to wifi.

If your camera is a QCW use the Q-See QC View app to configure the WiFi settings. Just make sure you are on the 2.4 GHz network if your camera only supports 2.4 GHz.

Now I have to figure out what the default password is for my QCW2MP camera, if anyone knows please reply.

Last edited: