Q-SEE / Uniview Cloud service

grichards

n3wb
Reaction score
I currently have the Q-SEE K8CN1.1 NVR / Camera set. But it is really Uniview hardware. By default, the system is hardcoded to the Q-SEE cloud web address (q-seecloud.com). You can't change it in the GUI. But as you know, Q_SEE is out of business, thus that web address is invalid. The alternative is to use star4live.com (Uniview's cloud service). The star4live cloud service does recognize my serial hardware serial number when I enter it in manually, thus I am good there for registration. However, because the NVR is hardcoded to q-seecloud.com, it will never be able tp sync up with Uniview's cloud service.

Does anyone know how to force a Q-SEE NVR to redirect its cloud web address/link to Unview's cloud web address? I have tried to telnet into the NVR to see if i can change host file, but the file system is not accessible.

Ever since QSEE has been out of business, i had to open the ports on my router to get remote access to my nvr/cameras. Really prefer to use a cloud service.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is the master thread with ways people have dealt with the issue.

grichards

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the master thread with ways people have dealt with the issue.

Thx. Yes, I am aware of that, and do have remote viewing ability via DMZ. However, I really want to avoid the DMZ and stick to a cloud service. It's unfortunate that QSEE hardcoded a web address. Uniview is support is unable to help since it is QSEE branded. Hence, was curious if anyone knew a way to change the hardcoded default cloud service address so that it gets remapped to Uniview's star4live service. BTW: star4live.com is Unview's cloud service for their OEMs hardware. I have a hunch that when qsee was still in business, they just redirected q-seecloud.com packets to star4live.com. Now that they are out of business, there is no redirection anymore. (just a guess).

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thx. Yes, I am aware of that, and do have remote viewing ability via DMZ. However, I really want to avoid the DMZ and stick to a cloud service. It's unfortunate that QSEE hardcoded a web address. Uniview is support is unable to help since it is QSEE branded. Hence, was curious if anyone knew a way to change the hardcoded default cloud service address so that it gets remapped to Uniview's star4live service. BTW: star4live.com is Unview's cloud service for their OEMs hardware. I have a hunch that when qsee was still in business, they just redirected q-seecloud.com packets to star4live.com. Now that they are out of business, there is no redirection anymore. (just a guess).
Hi @grichards

"I have a hunch that when qsee was still in business, they just redirected q-seecloud.com packets to star4live.com. Now that they are out of business, there is no redirection anymore. (just a guess)." - grichards

I concur and would place a nice wager on this .. as I do not believe Q-see had much in terms of IT development staff ..

Perhaps try to see if you can flash the firmware with Uniview firmware?

Does Uniview charge for their cloud service?

grichards

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think it is feasible to just reflash with the Uniview firmware. I am sure there is special code that prevents this, or else everyone would do that. Also, Uniview will not assist you with QSEE equipment (legal reasons). You can't even download firmware - not on their website.
I did not see any mention of charges to use their cloud service. I just signed up on their website, entered in my NVR Registration Code (on the NVR GUI page), and it confirmed my registration code (i.e. i think it just checks its internal database to see if it is one of their own devices). However, since the NVR is coded to q-seecloud.com, the NVR will never be able to talk to the Uniview cloud service. Oh well. It was all worth a try. Will just stick to the DMZ/Port Mapping. I only posted on this forum to see if there was a way to ""remap"" q-seecloud.com to star4live.com. BTW: I even tried to telnet to the nvr to see if i could modify the host file, but their operating system is based on busybox, thus not much you can do at the NVR CLI other than some basic commands (ifconfig, version, version..etc).