QC/Dahua 4K IP cam on Lorex NVR

Reaction score
So my Lorex camera got water in the connector, rusted, and died
I bought a Q-See QCN8093B-N camera to replace the lorex, and the NVR sees it
But it keeps trying to automatically reassign the old IP and MAC address

I cannot do the troubleshooting yet, i ordered a switch if Mat2000 approves of it, otherwise ill need to go straight to PC....anyway, i did EVERYTHING i could manually through the Lorex NVR GUI OS but as you may know, it wont let the thing be modified, it just automatically keeps adding it, I wish there was like a scan pause but its plug and play, which is a good thing...at least i konw it recognizes the PoE device and is running power

The error is the IP of the old lorex cam and underneath “cant find the network host”
So the power button is working, and it isnt feeding any stream though, i checked as well as i could with Matt’s assistance

It’s a matter of configuring the Cam/NVR....So,
QCN8093B-N witha Lorex LNR6108 NVR
(I dont have a switch and I’m a novice to IP cam/security)

@mat200 thanks for the help and encouragement to start the thread, hope you guys might be able to help before i get the switch or i may not even need a switch if i can plug the camera or NVR straight to my PC?

THANKS

PS IS THIS SWITCH OK TO BUY
iCreatin Wall Autoranging switching 48V 0.5A POE Injector Power Supply for IP | eBay
FOR REFERENCE, I’m not using ebay to buy or link to ad, i just dont know where else, its the icreatin wall injector for just 1 in and 1 out (so like 1 port PoE switch you plug into the wall)

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @Hidden Sword

Good to see you here.

Quick reply on the POE power source, I would get a nice small PoE switch - something like:
https://www.amazon.com/BV-Tech-Switch-Ethernet-Uplink-Function/dp/B075G2PM17

( just picking a well reviewed BV-tech item from their list, other brands or products maybe worth checking out.. it is just as an example - remember to check the wiki here for the switch list )

The idea is a nice small poe switch is a really nice product to have to test and configure IP PoE cameras and other POE devices. So I try to have a small spare switch around always for testing.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Thank you, mat....its on the way, so when it gets here we will begin! Says itll be here tomorrow, actually, so thats nice...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alright boys,

I’m ready to go. My BVTech switch is here and I’m ready to plug and play!

@mat200 thanks for the reco, and lets go!!!!!!

Thank you for the help guys (please start slow, troubleshooting with a PoE switch+IP cam+Windows 10+Lorex NVR 101)

Reaction score
k where do i find the IP address and subnet? On the actual camera?\

Anyone have step by step 101 tutorial on communicating between the PC and switch/camera? Please

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
k where do i find the IP address and subnet? On the actual camera?\

Anyone have step by step 101 tutorial on communicating between the PC and switch/camera? Please
Hi @Hidden Sword

iirc it is documented in the cliff notes, and there should be some notes there on the Dahua OEM config tool. ( also look at the Dahua wiki for info )

[ note - if you see something that you think can be improved in the cliff notes let us know, ideally quote the section and post your suggested modifications ]

Reaction score
The wiki is very well done...extremely thorough and well edited/indexed

However, I need a little more help man @mat200

I was succcessful in getting the Dahua config tool to recognize the camera at one point and from the PC and Dahua configtool I saw the IPC camera, in red, and it showed as unidentified network but i couldnt connect via http:...... but then i thought i changed the IP and i did in the config tool but that wasnt enough because when i plugged into NVR it just reassigned another IP to devices, but then it said “invalid password”

So while id love to do this myself, i kinda came here for a little more individualized support if possible at all, Matt if you can help start me off, i been tinkering all day and I’m really frustrated and kind of like annoyed that i cant get it to show back on the config tool again

So what do i do? If you dont mind

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The wiki is very well done...extremely thorough and well edited/indexed

However, I need a little more help man @mat200

I was succcessful in getting the Dahua config tool to recognize the camera at one point and from the PC and Dahua configtool I saw the IPC camera, in red, and it showed as unidentified network but i couldnt connect via http:...... but then i thought i changed the IP and i did in the config tool but that wasnt enough because when i plugged into NVR it just reassigned another IP to devices, but then it said “invalid password”

So while id love to do this myself, i kinda came here for a little more individualized support if possible at all, Matt if you can help start me off, i been tinkering all day and I’m really frustrated and kind of like annoyed that i cant get it to show back on the config tool again

So what do i do? If you dont mind
Hi Hidden,

RE: “invalid password”
Did you set a user / password for the camera using the config tool?

Reaction score
No
I just got it to reconnect finally
I need some help with setting the config tool
I dont know what settings to give it
I also cant connect to it with the Ethernet cable and http:192.etc.....
So at least i got it to reappear in the config tool

How to i set it correctly in configtool for the Lorex NVR?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No
I just got it to reconnect finally
I need some help with setting the config tool
I dont know what settings to give it
I also cant connect to it with the Ethernet cable and http:192.etc.....
So at least i got it to reappear in the config tool

How to i set it correctly in configtool for the Lorex NVR?
Hi @Hidden Sword

You'll want to check the settings you have in your NVR for assigning IP addresses to the current cameras. Chances are it is DHCP... if you want to continue to use DHCP just use the config tool to tell the camera to use DHCP. ( static is the other option - up to you which you like better.. normally I like static for cameras that are not connected to the NVR, happy enough to use DHCP for cameras connecting directly to the NVR via the POE ports ).

Also set the appropriate user/password combination you want to use - and check any port numbers.

Once you've done that, connect it to the NVR and sync that user/password info in the NVR - and also check the stream info as otherwise you may get a black screen on the live view.
( this should be documented better in one of the how to add dahua oem camera to a lorex nvr thread... or maybe the lorex thread itself )

note - a lot of what I am writing is based on what I've read that others have shared - so it's a bit more of an executive summary than a step by step guide.

Reaction score
Ok, I just saw this now....

Where can i find the stream and DHCP IP to give the camera? Like you said, where do i find all that info to assign, the ports, the sub streams and the Ip? Is it on the NVR GUI? Or where do i get it? I apologize for being a noob Matt

I tried to assign the IP to the camera, and when I did, I also tried to put in the user and password but i dont think it stuck

Also, should I be initializing it through the Dahua tool?

As i said, its saying it must be at least 8 bytes password (8 characters), but the NVR camera is a 6 character password

Your wiki is awesome btw @mat200

Reaction score
Ok here’s what I did

I had the Dahua config tool open and it discovered my NVR (green) and the IPC (red) camera
I tried to copy the IP and subnet and etc from the Lorex NVR to the camera
After I thought I had successfully applied the correct/more correct lol IP settings, i did the same DHCP

But anyway i then plugged cam into the NVR and it gives me an ip number and says invalid password,,,,, so i need help with the password/camera directly as the config tool hasn’t let me do anything about the password on the camera

I cant for the life of me figure out how to connect directly to the camera (http) through the switch, and /or I’m not doing it right

How can i correct these issues properly? I know I’m close to something, I’m getting somewhere, but its not there yet

Anyone, please chime in lol

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As i said, its saying it must be at least 8 bytes password (8 characters), but the NVR camera is a 6 character password
That can be a problem.. the firmware gets updated on NVRs and Cameras to counter threats... one way they do this is to increase the mandatory password length.

If the firmware in one requires a 8 character password.. and you have a 6 character password this can be a problem.

I don't have a setup to test config tool on a new camera - so you'll probably want to use google to search ipcamtalk for "setting password on a new dahua camera" or something along those lines.

Reaction score
Ok, ill try maybe to also contact Dahua/QC? I’m trying my best Matt.....

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, ill try maybe to also contact Dahua/QC? I’m trying my best Matt.....
HI @Hidden Sword

Dahua does not like to deal with end users, so if you're going to contact anyone it will be Q-see on that Q-see camera.

What is the IP / port that is being used on the Q-see?

Reaction score
Thanks Matt
Went over it all again

I called lorex, spent an hour on the phone, they did remote config and couldnt get it to communicate
They did verify they were compatible but they didnt know how to troubleshoot

I am replacing it, sending my old one back to lorex, and ill see if i can still use the Dahua
Otherwise i just bought $180 camera i really cant use, even though i should because its a compatible 4K IP cam

Reaction score
So Lorex said as long as I have proof of purchase I can get a free replacement camera, which is what I’m doing

They did confirm the Dahua is compatible, but ill be damned if i can get it to work, because i did all i could and i ain’t doin no mo, especially if no one else is going to help me troubleshoot this....

So Thanks Matt, but I think you can stick a fork in this one, someone who can figure out how to get Dahua to communicate with the compatible Lorex NVR would be great, but if not, ill just hold onto the camera till someone does