QC918B Password Reset

Ihateqsee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I just realized Q-See went out of business and i forgot my QC918B dvr password. From what I’ve read, these units use secure firmware and the only way to reset the password is via the email reset option or customer support, but both of those don’t exist any more. I’ve also read that these are actually manufactured by Dahua, so I’m hoping someone here may know of a trick to help me out. Thank you.

BaiginLong

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone know what model this is equivalent to for Dahua firmware? I'm trying to switch someone over to using a separate cloud

Reaction score
Hello. I just realized Q-See went out of business and i forgot my QC918B dvr password. From what I’ve read, these units use secure firmware and the only way to reset the password is via the email reset option or customer support, but both of those don’t exist any more. I’ve also read that these are actually manufactured by Dahua, so I’m hoping someone here may know of a trick to help me out. Thank you.
Ihateqsee, I see you had the same problem my guy is currently having. Were you ever able to get that issue resolved? If so, will you share the steps you took to reset your password with the rest of the class? Any suggestions out there?? You have no idea how much you'd be helping me out by helping me resolve this issue. My guy thinks Ipgged in and changed his password or some stupid crap like that. I didn't, btw. I am not that computer savvy. But this has been an ongoing argument for a couple of weeks now so any help would be greatly appreciated. My email is kacilake83.kl@gmail.com. Feel free to email me with any suggestions. Thanks in advance.