QSee password problem - what to do now that they are gone?

petman2

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a QC826 that was working fine and now has stopped recognizing passwords. I have tried the passwords for my users, I have tried the default passwords, I have tried the generator passwords (although I can't see the time or date due to the password issue) and have scoured the net. IDC if I get the recordings back or not, but I was using it locally and thought that I might try to work with it a bit and see if I could get the IP forwarding thing working so I could remote view.

Anyway, does anyone know how to fix this issue? I sent the email as per the Qsee instructions but as you can guess, it bounced. I tried the password reset using the phone app and scanning the QR but that didn't seem to do anything. It seems that every blog, post, video out there in the WWW was written when QSee was in business and therefore no longer are relevant.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I was hoping for an internal reset button or similar but so far I have been out of luck. If anyone has any ideas please throw them out there, lets hope something works.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - more info on this model posted here ..

looks like a Dahua OEM NVR ..