Question about a part supplied with Dahua Cameras

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can setup any Dahua IP camera but this part, embarrassingly so I don't know what it is called or how to properly use it since no documentation to my knowledge explains it.

I enclosed a photo,

Thanks !

Jeff

Attachments

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a weather resistant boot for the RJ45 connector. To use it you need an unterminated cable, slip the parts over the cable, terminate with an RJ45, plug into the camera and assemble. An extra level of weather protection.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's a weather resistant boot for the RJ45 connector. To use it you need an unterminated cable, slip the parts over the cable, terminate with an RJ45, plug into the camera and assemble. An extra level of weather protection.

Ah, I thought so, thank you !

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another question about the weather resistant boot- anyone know a source to buy these? Several of my outdoor rated camera's have been shipped without them, and I've needed them to replace damaged ones.. I've never been able to find these in bulk.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Another question about the weather resistant boot- anyone know a source to buy these? Several of my outdoor rated camera's have been shipped without them, and I've needed them to replace damaged ones.. I've never been able to find these in bulk.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
you can use coax seal and forget the boot....