Question about getting PTZ working

Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased a new HOOTOO outdoor PTZ camera model, HT-IP009HDP on amazon for $99. I've got video feeding into BI ok using the HOOTOO HT-IP210HD MJPEG settings. My problem is I can't get the PTZ function to work. I've tried the hootoo setting as well as some foscam settings but non allow me to use the PTZ buttons.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Do I need to specify port? Different model perhaps?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased a new HOOTOO outdoor PTZ camera model, HT-IP009HDP on amazon for $99. I've got video feeding into BI ok using the HOOTOO HT-IP210HD MJPEG settings. My problem is I can't get the PTZ function to work. I've tried the hootoo setting as well as some foscam settings but non allow me to use the PTZ buttons.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Do I need to specify port? Different model perhaps?

Thanks!
If you can still return the hootoo, then do it. Its bottom barrel overpriced garbage. Have you enabled the ptz in the blue iris ptz tab? Does the camera username have permissions for ptz?

Reaction score
Hah, no kiddin? I thought it was rather reasonable for $99, and the build quality is quite impressive, all metal construction and tons of IR LEDs. I've never owned a hootoo, have always had qsee, and more recently foscam. I just so happen to see this PTZ camera for 99 and have always wanted to try a PTZ so I figured what the heck.

I have enabled PTZ in the BI tab and the user account does have permission for PTZ in the web interface for the cam

Reaction score
Thanks farmer, I did not the PTZ working in BI yet. I tried to find the ONVIF port from their web interface but I dont see anything referenceing the ONVIF port. Is it possible the camera doesnt support it? It would almost have to if its OVNIF no?
I did trey the Fint/Inspect button from the configure menu. It workde but came back with generic/RTSP H.264... and no signal. I'll try port 2000 and see what happens.

Thanks again

Reaction score
Well I emailed HOOTOO and they came back saying that the camera is ONVIF 2.3 compatible... Whatever that means. I asked for the specific port I needed but they didn't give that to me. Is the ONVIF port the only thing I'll need to get PTZ working? I know in the PTZ tab there is an option to specify port and also manufacturer. I almost wish there was an find/inspect to get the PTZ working too

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ryan, do what farmer posted and get the onvif device manager 2.2.250 from sourceforge. it will find the camera for you.

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have said I did try the ONVIF manager from sourceforge and while it found all my foscams unfortunately it didn't find the HOOTOO PTZ camera. So either the cameras operate on some obscure port that the ONVIF manager doesn't scan or they do some internal port forwarding to mask discovery so you're forced to use their garbage app. I already replied to HOOTOO asking for the specific ONVIF port that their "ONVIF 2.3 Compatible" cameras use on Monday and I've yet to receive a response... Looks like these are on the verge of heading back to amazon. Such a shame because on the outside they really are well built cameras, just with crap software.

Reaction score
Ok guys, thanks for your help but now is the time where I must say I feel like an idiot, I found in the web interface where the onvif details are listd and something called a "media port":

Capture.JPG

So I tried inputting 36000 in the ONVIF port on blue iris but it didnt make a difference in enabling the PTZ controls. I added 36000 to the PTZ port and nothing, I tried the media port which is 38401 also, with no difference.

Sigh...

SoCal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same cam same thing here, Can not get PTZ to work in Blue Iris
Emailed support waiting on a reply
I am using the hootoo settings in BI

Reaction score
SoCal, I finally got it working in blue iris with the exception of the IR emitter control! I posted my findings in an amazon review I wrote and I'll put the details here too. What I ended up doing was going through every PTZ option in the PTZ tab and finally found a compatible setting. I saw the view in blue iris move, and I thought for sure maybe the camera itself just moved but lo and hehold the PTZ controls did it!

I'm pretty excited now because I really think the build quality for the price of this guy is just unbeatable and I was going to regret sending them back, but now, pending further testing, I'm really considering adding them to my blue iris arsenal.

here are the details for setting up this camera in BI:
In Camera properties, under the Video Tab, on the Configure menu, ensure the following:
Make: HooToo
Model: HT-IP210HD MJPEG
Path: /cgi-bin/videostream.cgi?user={id}&pwd={pw}
Media/video/RTSP Port: 554
Discovery/ONVIF port: 36000

To get PTZ working, back on the Camera properties window, under the PTZ Tab,
In the Network IP Drop down, select "7Links PX-3677"
(no need to specify "another port")

Good luck and let me know how it works for you!

SoCal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Much much appreciated !!!!!!! Worked perfectly, Saved me a few greys LOL

Just another question

My focus when not zoomed in is pretty bad, does yours do the same?

SoCal, I finally got it working in blue iris with the exception of the IR emitter control! I posted my findings in an amazon review I wrote and I'll put the details here too. What I ended up doing was going through every PTZ option in the PTZ tab and finally found a compatible setting. I saw the view in blue iris move, and I thought for sure maybe the camera itself just moved but lo and hehold the PTZ controls did it!

I'm pretty excited now because I really think the build quality for the price of this guy is just unbeatable and I was going to regret sending them back, but now, pending further testing, I'm really considering adding them to my blue iris arsenal.

here are the details for setting up this camera in BI:
In Camera properties, under the Video Tab, on the Configure menu, ensure the following:
Make: HooToo
Model: HT-IP210HD MJPEG
Path: /cgi-bin/videostream.cgi?user={id}&pwd={pw}
Media/video/RTSP Port: 554
Discovery/ONVIF port: 36000

To get PTZ working, back on the Camera properties window, under the PTZ Tab,
In the Network IP Drop down, select "7Links PX-3677"
(no need to specify "another port")

Good luck and let me know how it works for you!

Reaction score
Well honestly I havent tested in any other location than my office but I do see a somewhat blurry image on things that are up-close. However when I zoom in they become clear. I'm going to test it outside later today to see if the issue exists on far-sighted objects. If it does, then I'm afraid thats the nail in the coffin and they're going back to amazon...

SoCal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well honestly I havent tested in any other location than my office but I do see a somewhat blurry image on things that are up-close. However when I zoom in they become clear. I'm going to test it outside later today to see if the issue exists on far-sighted objects. If it does, then I'm afraid thats the nail in the coffin and they're going back to amazon...
For the price I decided to keep mine. reason being the enclosure is great and I can throw in a great PTZ indoor cam and geta really nice unit. Good dome enclosures are about the same price

Yes when zoomed out the image is somewhat blurry. When zoomed in it is crystal clear.
I am using it at half zoom and perfect for my needs

Thanks for the replay again and good luck :)

Reaction score
Curious, did you end up placing an indoor PTZ inside the enclosure? Just wondering how it went...

SoCal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Curious, did you end up placing an indoor PTZ inside the enclosure? Just wondering how it went...

Not yet. I have several more cams to put in the system, next project

Spent the entire week putting in new AC. Cool comes first in SoCal LOL

Should not be an issue at all I have an old foscan PT cam that will fit right in. Currently it is working "good enough" for its purpose of watching the dogs in the back corner