Question about lens swapping on Dahua turrets

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any experience on swapping lenses on Dahua turrets.

Do they use M12 lens?
Assuming it uses M12 what parameters should be considered. Some include Megapixel number but i don't think it is relevant as long as sensor size matches. Right?

Now i know it is probably easier to just get the right lens from the beginning, but i am asking for the purpose of making something little more special like: 16mm fixed lens 8mp turret
Or 8mp fisheye on the cheap (although i think the flat glass in front of the lens might cause some interference with field of view, all fisheye cameras i looked at had a dome like glass ).

Anyways any suggestions or previous experience with this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Some include Megapixel number but i don think it is relevant as long as sensor size matches. Right?
It does, it's an indication of the precision of the lens.

or previous experience with this
I've swapped a few M12 lenses, mainly on Hikvision cameras, and it's been pretty straightforward.
It's just a matter of being a little careful, making sure there is no dust or debris, and not touching any of the surfaces.
The 'regular' lenses were no problem, but if you try wide aperture lenses you need to check carefully the lens dimensions to be sure that it will fit.
I've bought a few lenses from Treeye here and been satisfied : TREEYE Official Store - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good point.
Also, the label 'IR' should also mean it's IR-corrected, such that the focus point remains the same between visible light and IR illumination scenes.