Question about my ip camera

Lemar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys

im using fi8919w anf i want to use external power insread of plug it in wall it's written that its need 5V
is it ok to use 5 batteries with 1.25v
and if it ok which one is better for my camera AA or AAA

plz i ned your help

regard

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello guys

im using fi8919w anf i want to use external power insread of plug it in wall it's written that its need 5V
is it ok to use 5 batteries with 1.25v
and if it ok which one is better for my camera AA or AAA

plz i ned your help

regard
The camera wound not last very long on batteries...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How long it will work? Its will stay 45m?
I dont know...it would depend on the power draw which varies by IR on/off, whether you pan tilt.etc...but what are you trying to accomplish? what is the end goal? Maybe there is a better solution.

Lemar

n3wb
Reaction score

I have project defense after one week this pic it like my project so i want to run the camera in defense at least 45m in front of committees

did u get my goal?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
At 1.25V I could speculate that these are 4 fully-charged NiMH rechargeables. Let's say they are 2000mAh (AA) or 900mAh (AAA) and the camera still operates over the discharge voltage range, and draws 5W. That would be 1Amp.
So on a good day you might get 2 hours or 50mins runtime.
The big uncertainty is if the camera will work OK over the battery voltage range.

Lemar

n3wb
Reaction score
Ohh so do u have any suggestions plz

and wat is better AA or AAA

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well - it's an unusual thing to do, with some uncertainties.

The AA size has 2-3 times the capacity of the AAA
Discharging a battery in 50 mins is a pretty harsh thing to do, and will also result in a lower voltage during discharge, increasing the chance the camera may not operate correctly. Discharge in 2 hours is not so bad.
So the AA has the definite edge.

But presumably you'll be checking and testing before the actual event?

Lemar

n3wb
Reaction score
So do u have another solution instead of battery bcz all experts here didn't advice me to run it through battery can u give me absolutes solution

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the only adverse comment about running it on a battery is that it wouldn't run for long. And it wouldn't.
But that was before you said you only needed 45mins runtime.

But I can't give you absolute assurance that it will work OK.
Mains power supplies are regulated, and put out an accurate and pretty closely-controlled voltage even with variable current loading. So the camera has a good power supply feed.
Batteries on the other hand are not regulated, droop in voltage a little if heavily loaded, and may start to go outside the voltage that the camera is happy to work at as the batteries discharge, so there is some uncertainty here.
So - why don't you try it and see if it works? Too low a voltage to the camera will not break it - it will just stop functioning temporarily.

My example was based on the common Nickel metal hydride NiMH rechargeable batteries that have a nominal cell voltage of 1.2V.
So 4 of them in series would give 4.8V which is pretty close to what the camera needs.
5 would give 6V, which may be an overload for the camera.

KARADENIZ

n3wb
Reaction score
So do u have another solution instead of battery bcz all experts here didn't advice me to run it through battery can u give me absolutes solution
At the moment I compare power consumption of ip cameras and your camera fi8919w has very high power consumption .
Best deal for you is to buy a camera with very low current draw <500mA
Here are my comparisons

Foscam FI8918W > 860mA
Foscam FI9821W > 600mA -1.2A
ISensor HD > 700mA (5v)

I think best cam for you is Mobius ActionCam Full HD 808 (no Wifi) current draw ~200-300mA
with full battery you can record ~ 80min and with 5000Wh Power Bank ~ 16 hours.
I wanted to buy it but I need wifi

[h=1][/h]